Charlbury parking changes approved
Oxfordshire County Council has this morning approved a set of changes to parking across the town, as drawn up by the Town Council and consulted on recently.
The changes will see:
- Double yellow lines on Nine Acres Lane at the junction with Thames Street to improve junction safety
- Extended double yellow lines on Browns Lane and Church Street to allow buses to pass more easily
- Double yellow lines on Grammar School Hill to improve safety outside the Pre-School
- Removal of double yellow lines on Market Street opposite the former Post Office
- New 1hr daytime parking restriction (Mon-Fri) on the existing spaces outside the Pharmacy on Market Street
As well as the parking changes, there are two other improvements:
- A ‘build-out’ approaching Charlbury from Banbury Hill to slow traffic
- Extending the 30mph speed limit on Pound Hill for 500m to include more residential properties
The decision was taken by Charlbury’s councillor Liz Leffman in her capacity as council leader, standing in for highways cabinet member Andrew Gant.
Richard Fairhurst · Thu 21 Jul 2022, 10:41 · Link