Keep Charlbury Active - and tidy!
The Charlbury Community Centre is launching a challenge to see if we can collectively make it around the coast of Britain by the end of lockdown – that’s 11,000 miles!
Run, walk or cycle around our local area then log your miles on our website here. We are also busy creating resources to make it more interesting – suggested routes, quizzes and wildlife to spot. You can see all our updates on the community centre website.
While you are out and about we’d love your help to give Charlbury a big spring clean. So the next time you head out for a walk don’t forget your litter bags and gloves!
What we need you to do:
• Collect the litter you find when out on a walk and place it in a bag.
• The bags you use will need to be tied and left at the community centre (so please don’t use your favourite one!).
• If possible, please can you split the litter you find into recyclable and non-recyclable waste.
• Please leave all litter bags next to the big bins at the community centre, ensuring they’re tied in a knot at the top (pop the bags the other side of the fence so they’re not blocking the walkway).
*Litter pickers are available to borrow from the Community centre during opening hours*
Top tips to remember
• Always wear gloves when picking up litter
• Do not collect any hazardous waste such as dog poo or sharp objects
• You are still only allowed to go out once a day for exercise, so make this part of your daily walk – do not make a special trip
Our youth team will be weighing the litter collected and we will announce the total at the end of lockdown
Thank you all for your continued help and support,
The Charlbury Community Centre Team