Charlbury Library Reopens at 2pm on Wednesday 2nd December
The opening hours and ways of managing the library service at Charlbury remain the same.
The weekly opening hours are:
The Community Centre is open as usual, but at all other times the Library will be cordoned off and the self-service machine switched off.
All items to be returned must be put into our red quarantine crates, which are placed just inside either of the Community Centre doors. These crates will be sealed for a minimum of 72 hours and the contents then removed from the customer’s account by staff, who will backdate the returned items. You can return your items into the crates at any time while the Community Centre is open.
During the Library opening hours…
• The self-service machine will be available for borrowing and renewing items, and for viewing your account (please remember your Library card!)
• 1 public computer will be available, with usage limited to 30 minutes per visit
• Printing and photocopying facilities will be available
• Books can be browsed and borrowed as usual and Reservations can be collected
• Items can be returned into the red quarantine crates
• Staff will be available at the counter to assist with your queries
Please note that the self-service machine will not accept cash or card payments for the time being and that cash is the only payment option at the counter till. Alternatively, you can now pay your charges online by logging into your Library account with your Library card and PIN number. The larger libraries will soon offer the option of Tap & Pay card payments at the counter and this will be rolled out to the smaller libraries shortly after.
Social distancing, hand-sanitising and mask-wearing remain essential when visiting the library as is the need to complete a Track & Trace form or scan the NHS Covid-19 app.
Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!