CHARLBURY CHRISTMAS TREES 2020
With lockdown, people are starting to plan for Christmas and we are now getting inquiries about whether we will be selling Christmas trees this year. We have thought carefully this year about our seasonal Christmas tree pick your own operation as we know that Christmas trees are an important part of Christmas and that, in this unique year, people will still want them.
After careful thought we have decided that we will open to sell trees this year. However, there will be significant changes to the way that we operate to ensure that we (Geoffrey and I are now classed as vulnerable due to age and to underlying health conditions), our staff and our customers are safe. Therefore our key focus this year will simply be to provide our customers with the opportunity to buy a freshly cut Christmas tree. But please do not expect it to quite the “experience” of previous years.
Our plan is to open the December weekends only up to Christmas, starting Saturday December 5th. We will not be opening we will NOT be open November 28th/29th or at any other times.
• There will be a new one way system for customers. Parking will be as usual but there will be a new walk-in entrance via our field gate (look for the signs), and separate exit.
• Social distancing will be mandatory throughout the visits
• Masks will be required for book in and for booking out. And we would recommend that masks be worn throughout your visit.
• Group numbers larger than the government rules will not be allowed.
• For this year, we will NOT be offering the option to choose and reserve for later collection.
We would ask our customers to work with us to ensure a safe operation. We will be posting on the Charlbury website (www.charlbury.info in the Events section) as we confirm our plans.