Ticknell Piece Play Area and Picnics
The Town Council is delighted to see the new play equipment at Ticknell Piece being well used and enjoyed. We know the enforced delay in opening it has been frustrating but we thank you for your understanding. We have also noticed that some of you are taking advantage of the good weather to enjoy a picnic in the area. If you are doing either or both of these things then by all means enjoy yourselves but please follow the COVID guidelines and PLEASE be considerate to local residents and others.
- DO use hand sanitiser and wash hands thoroughly before and after using the equipment.
- Don't allow dogs into the fenced play area - there is plenty of space for dogs beyond the play area.
- Don't use the grassed area between the play area and the houses for picnicing, playing games or any other purpose. This is an amenity space for the benefit of residents of this park of Ticknell Piece Road - it is NOT a public space. Please use the space on the other side of the play area, towards the skate park which is a public space managed by the town council for you.
- Please avoid parking cars in the vicinity of the play area. Space is very limited here and inconsiderate parking can be a real problem for residents. Please walk or cycle to the area if at all possible. If it is absolutely essential for you to take a car, please park carefully in the area that leads off Ticknell Piece Road towards the Bowls Club - this has easy and close walking access to the play area and centenary wood space - But DO NOT park within the Bowls Club itself or impede access to the club.
- Please don't let the actions of a few spoil things for everyone else - thank you.
Peter Kenrick · Fri 7 Aug 2020, 11:34 · Link