News index


Urgent and Emergency Dental Care

Following our advice recently issued, and now on the Charlbury Patients’ Participation Group page (CPPG),  to seek advice from your GP regarding any possible symptoms of heart attacks, stroke or malignancy, we now encourage you to contact a dentist if you have pain or signs of infection in your teeth or gums.

The NHS is continuing to provide urgent and emergency dental care. This is available to both NHS and private patients.

Most dental practices have given their contact details to their patients for when they are in pain or need advice. If you do not have a regular dentist, you can search for a local dentist on the NHS website at and call them.

When you call, a member of the dental practice team will carry out a telephone assessment with you. They are able to offer advice or prescribe medication to relieve any pain or to treat an infection.

If the dental team believes that you need to be treated urgently, they will refer you to a local urgent dental care hub.

The hub will carry out a further assessment of your dental and Covid-19 status and if required may call you in for treatment.

The hub will also provide you with information prior to the appointment about arrangements for treatment which meet the social distancing requirements.

If you have a dental emergency outside of normal surgery opening hours you can call 111 for advice and information on your local out-of-hours emergency dental service.

We have two hubs nearby - Witney and Banbury

Nikki Rycroft · Thu 14 May 2020, 13:58 · Link

Charlbury Website © 2012-2023. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.