20mph speed limit in Charlbury
OXFORDSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
(CHARLBURY AREA) (SPEED LIMITS) ORDER 2020
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on 14 April 2020 Oxfordshire County
Council made the above order under the Road Traffic Regulation Act
1984 and all other enabling powers. The effect of the order, which comes
into force on 20 April as a result of safety concerns by the town council,
is as follows:
1.) to introduce a 20mph speed limit in the central area of the town. All
roads within, and leading out to following terminal points will be included:
• Hixet Wood - 102 metres north of Five Ways,
• Grammar School Hill - 115 metres south of Clarendon Court,
• Market Street - junction with Dyers Hill / Thames Street,
• Nine Acres Lane - 86 metres west of Enstone Road,
• B4022 Banbury Hill - 75 metres north of Hundley Way,
• Ditchley Road - 170 metres northeast of Kearsey Court,
• B4022 The Slade - 28 metres south of Ditchley Road,
• Dancers Hill - its junction with B4022 Sturt Road.
The above will replace the existing 30mph limit.
2.) On the B4022 Banbury Hill the 30mph is to be extend by 118 metres
to a point 300 metres northeast of its junction with Hundley Way.
The existing Oxfordshire County Council (Charlbury Area) (Speed Limits)
(No.2) Order 2011 is revoked
Graham Wisker · Tue 14 Apr 2020, 09:46 · Link