Thames Street - Burst water main
- There's a massive mains leak in Thames Street, which explains the low pressure in town. Traffic diverted.
- Traffic diverted around centre of town. 2 way in Market Street. Avoid if possible.
- Thames Water engineers in Thames Street tell me that it may be "several hours" before water is restored to the area of Thames Street and Pound Hill
- Charlbury School is closed and pre-school/nursery providers may also be closed.
- “They are not expecting it to be fixed until the small hours of the night (lots of us have zero water rather than low pressure) - they have been handing out bottles of water from Thames Street. Consider checking on your elderly neighbours.”
(Thanks to everyone for contributions which I’m merging into this single post. —Richard)
Mon 16 Dec 2019, 14:16 · Link