Rodney Rose is Charlbury's new County Councillor
The Conservatives have retained Charlbury's seat on Oxfordshire County Council - but lost overall control of the council.
Following boundary changes, the councillor for Charlbury & Wychwood will be Rodney Rose. The results were:
- Rodney Rose (Conservative), 1199 (39%)
- Liz Leffman (Liberal Democrat), 900 (30%)
- Clive James Taylor (UKIP), 461 (15%)
- Liz Blount (Labour), 267 (9%)
- Celia Jocelyn Kerslake (Green), 220 (7%)
The 9% margin was the closest in Charlbury since an earlier set of boundary changes abolished the old Labour-held Charlbury & Stonesfield seat.
Of the 64 seats on Oxfordshire County Council, 31 were taken by the Conservatives, 15 by Labour, 11 by the LibDems, two by the Green Party, and four by independents.