Train changes for May 2015
First Great Western is proposing a set of changes to the Cotswold Line train service, to take effect from May next year.
The main changes affecting Charlbury are:
- 06.28 to London Paddington becomes 06.37, arriving in London at the same time
- 07.12 to London Paddington comes from Hereford rather than starting at Charlbury
- 07.31 to London Paddington comes from Moreton-in-Marsh rather than starting at Hereford
- 11.05 to Moreton-in-Marsh no longer runs (next train is at 11.38)
- 15.06 to London Paddington no longer runs (next train is at 15.41)
- 18.22 from London Paddington becomes two minutes faster
- New Saturday service to Worcester at around 10.40
- New Saturday service to Oxford/London at around 13.15
Unfortunately there is no change to the notoriously overcrowded 15.52 from London Paddington, which remains a five-coach Adelante as at present.
You can see the full proposed changes as a PDF. (Note that "vice" is railway-speak for "instead of".)
Richard Fairhurst · Sun 20 Jul 2014, 14:52 · Link