At the Corner House
St Marys working in the community
The Corner House is hosting a new community hub for Charlbury. The Cornerstone project started on August 10th 2020, when the doors opened to the new home for the expanded Give & Take, the Learning Café and the Place to Talk.
Expanding the Give & Take with the help of Christine Elliott is now allowing Charlbury residents to have a year round place to share excess local produce (look out for daily availability) and continue to support our community larder. The Cornerstone continues to support a number of local vulnerable families with food boxes each week., supported by donations of food and money.
The Learning Café will run in conjunction with the Community Centre and the Youth Team. We aim to provide help on homework and mentoring. We also have plans for the Learning Café to be a place for lifelong learning.
A Place to Talk will bring advisory services to Charlbury in the next few months. The Cornerstone is working with Citizens Advice and other service groups to give them a place to connect with Charlbury residents. We are able to refer families on to a number of support services.
We are grateful to the Corner House for making space for the Cornerstone. The Youth Team did a great job repainting the former library space, and we have brought together furnishings and bunting to add to the ambience of this new community space.
We are now open Monday to Saturday 10am to 1pm, with three staff and a team of volunteers.
We believe the Cornerstone can provide a base for all of Charlbury which would enable us to build a stronger community, both for those who give and those who receive.
If you would like more information on the Cornerstone, please contact us at Cornerstone@stmaryschurch.co.uk, or call us on 07510772764.
Cornerstone, Corner House, Market Street, Charlbury, OX7 3QW.
If you are able we would be very grateful to receive a one off or regular donation to the work of the Cornerstone. You can do this in a number of ways:
• Pop into the Cornerstone and donate in to the donation box as often as you want to – do take and enjoy some fresh produce
• Give us a cheque – made out to Charlbury PCC with a note attached saying for the Cornerstone
• Donate online – details are:
Payee: Charlbury PCC
Sort Code: 40-52-40
Account No: 00032374
• Give via the St Marys Church donate button – www.charlburychurch.co.uk/just-giving - if you use this option please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that your donation is for the Cornerstone
• Set up a regular payment using the bank details above. If you would like to gift aid – please email email@example.com for the gift aid form.