The Town Council provides a democratic forum for the community through which matters of importance to residents can be discussed and actions agreed, implemented and followed through.
Please see our website www.charlburytowncouncil.co.uk where up to the minute news, agendas and minutes can be viewed. (Last updated 3 January 2019)
For queries, please contact Roger Clarke (Town Clerk)
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone 01608 810608
Thames Valley Police 999 if urgent
101 normal calls
West Oxon District Council 01993 861000 Switchboard
01993 705056 Out of hours service
Oxfordshire County Council 0845 310 11 11 Highways complaints
01865 792422 Switchboard
Charlbury Town Council 01608 810608
Councillor surgeries are held once every 2 months on Saturday mornings between 10am and noon in the Corner House. No appointment necessary. The next surgery will be held on Saturday 6th April 2019
Planning Meeting - Monday 25th March 8pm - CANCELLED
The following recently submitted planning application relating to Charlbury will be considered under agenda item 5 at the full council meeting on Wednesday 27th March:
- 19/00649/HHD - 15 Wychwood Paddocks - extensions and garage conversion
Full Council Meeting - Wednesday 27th March - 7:30pm - Corner House (Morris Room)
1. To receive the minutes of the last meeting
2. To deal with matters arising
3. Declaration of Interest
4. To sign orders for payment and receive a report
5. To receive a report from the Planning Committee
6. To deal with correspondence
7. To receive reports with reference to Charlbury:
a. County Councillor
b. District Councillors
8. To consider the Neighbourhood Forum
9. To consider the April councillor surgery
10. To receive reports from working groups:
a. Traffic Working Group
b. General working group (13th March)
11. Questions to the Chairman
Annual Parish Meeting - Friday 29th March - 8:00pm - War Memorial Hall
Come along to hear what the town council has been doing on your behalf over the past year and plans for the coming year. There will also be an opportunity to put questions to councillors under agenda item 8.
1. To receive and confirm the minutes of the last Annual Parish Meeting
2. To hear the remarks of the Chairman on the Town Council's work during the past year
3. To hear the remarks of the County and District Councillors with special reference to Charlbury
4. To elect representatives to serve on the Conservation Area Advisory Committee and Centenary Woodland Committee
5. To hear reports from Charity, Trust and Management Committee Chairmen
6. To receive a report from the Chairman of the Corner House and War Memorial Hall Committee
7. To consider resolutions of which 7 days written notice has been received
8. To deal with questions raised by Parishioners
There will also be an opportunity for informal discussions with councillors and those who gave reports after the meeting.
All council meetings are open to the public to attend as observers only. We hold two regular meetings each month: one considering our responses to planning applications, and a full council meeting for all other matters. If you have any issues which you wish the council to consider, please contact the Town Clerk (contact details above). Correspondence addressed via the Town Clerk for the attention of councillors is routinely circulated for consideration at the appropriate meeting. Please ensure this arrives three working days before the meeting.
We are also pleased to offer Charlbury people the chance to speak at the Town Council's monthly meetings as described below. In common with other councils, the Standing Orders of the council do not allow for open participation during discussions, but a time is set aside at the start of each meeting for the public to address the council. If you would like to speak at a council meeting:
• Please contact the Town Clerk before noon on the day of the meeting to let him know you would like to speak and to give some indication of the subject matter.
• As time is limited we ask you please to restrict addresses to the full council meeting to five minutes. If you wish to speak about a specific planning application at a planning meeting, please limit your address to 3 minutes. Thank you. If a number of people share similar views on a single topic or planning application, it would be much appreciated if they could work together and produce a combined address to the council. It would also be helpful if you could leave a copy of your address with the clerk after the meeting.
• If you plan to speak at a full council meeting, remember that the agenda for those meetings is published in advance (here and on Town Council notice boards) so that Charlbury people are informed of what will be discussed at the meeting. This means that the council cannot usually enter into discussion of any matter raised by the public at such a meeting if that matter does not appear on the published agenda. It can, of course, be considered for inclusion on the agenda at a future meeting; or may be discussed if it relates to an issue already on the agenda (e.g. as correspondence received). If you'd like a written response to any questions raised, please leave your details with the Clerk.
• A brief record will be included in the minutes of the meeting. The chairman does have the right to rule any statement as inappropriate though obviously we hope this will not be the case. Please ensure that comments are not personalised.
A full set of rules, and the council's Standing Orders, are available on request from the Town Clerk.
The Mill Field Management Plan can be viewed at www.charlburytowncouncil.co.uk/images/committee/Mill%20Field%20management%20plan%202018.pdf
The main business of the meeting will be to consider recently submitted planning applications relating to Charlbury. A list of planning applications to be considered will be posted here a few days before the meeting. The meeting will start at 8pm unless a speaker is present, in which case it will start at 7:30pm. Watch this space for details.