Coronavirus (COVID-19): In line with current advice and guidance, All Town Council face to face meetings and surgeries have been cancelled until further notice but virtual meetings of the town council will take place on a monthly basis or as required. Essential day to day operations of the council will be continued by the Town Clerk in consultation with the Chairman, Vice-chairman and other councillors as necessary. These matters will be reported at the monthly virtual meetings. You can contact the town clerk as normal by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 01608 810608 during normal office hours (9am to 5pm Monday to Friday excluding public holidays). Please follow government guidelines, stay safe and respect others!
Town Council elections originally scheduled for 7th May 2020 have been postponed for a year and will now be held on Thursday 6th May 2021. The term of office for all current councillors has been extended by one year to reflect this. During this year, the current Chairman (Richard Fairhurst) and Vice Chairman (Peter Kenrick) will remain in post and councillor appointments to committees and working groups will continue unchanged.
The Town Council provides a democratic forum for the community through which matters of importance to residents can be discussed and actions agreed, implemented and followed through.
Please see our website www.charlburytowncouncil.co.uk where up to the minute news, agendas and minutes can be viewed. (Last updated 9 June 2020)
For queries, please contact Roger Clarke (Town Clerk)
Contact details: email@example.com; telephone 01608 810608
Thames Valley Police 999 if urgent
101 normal calls
West Oxon District Council 01993 861000 Switchboard
01993 705056 Out of hours service
Oxfordshire County Council 0845 310 11 11 Highways complaints
01865 792422 Switchboard
Charlbury Town Council 01608 810608
Surgeries have been cancelled until further notice in line with government instructions relating to the COVID-19 outbreak. If you have any matters for consideration by the town council, please contact the town clerk as detailed above. Normally, councillor surgeries are held once every 2 months on Saturday mornings between 10am and noon in the Corner House. No appointment necessary.
All face to face council meetings have been cancelled until further notice but virtual meetings of the council are being held monthly or as required. Public attendance and representation at these virtual meetings is permitted as normal (see below).
Consideration of planning applications within Charlbury is continuing electronically to enable the town council to submit comments. If you have any comments that you would like councillors to note, please contact the town clerk as early as possible in the normal way.
See Event notice on this site on the day of the meeting for details of how to attend.
1. To receive the minutes of the last meeting.
2. To deal with matters arising.
3. Declaration of Interest.
4. To sign orders for payment/receive report.
5. To receive a report from the Planning Committee.
6. To deal with correspondence.
7. To adopt the 2019/2020 accounts
8. To consider the Neighbourhood Forum.
9 . To agree meeting dates for 2021
10. To receive updates: a) Pavilion b) Traffic matters.
11. To receive Reports:
b. Corner House & Memorial Hall
c. Mill Field, Watery Lane and Bridges
d. Nine Acres
e. Quarry Lane & Ticknell
g. Thomas Gifford Trust
h. School Governor
Responses to the 6-week period of formal public consultation on the draft Neighbourhood Plan held during Autumn 2019 have been reviewed and the plan has been revised in preparation for submission to WODC. During the COVID-19 emergency, it would not be possible for WODC to progress the plan through the subsequent stages including a further period of public consultation, examination and referendum and therefore formal submission of the revised plan has been postponed.
All council meetings are open to the public to attend as observers only. Under normal circumstances we hold two regular meetings each month: one considering our responses to planning applications, and a full council meeting for all other matters. Currently, in line with advice and guidance relating to the COVID-19 emergency, planning meetings are cancelled until further notice and full council meetings are being held as virtual meetings. If you have any issues which you wish the council to consider, please contact the Town Clerk (contact details above). Correspondence addressed via the Town Clerk for the attention of councillors is routinely circulated for consideration at the appropriate meeting. Please ensure this arrives three working days before the meeting.
We are also pleased to offer Charlbury people the chance to speak at the Town Council's monthly meetings as described below. In common with other councils, the Standing Orders of the council do not allow for open participation during discussions, but a time is set aside at the start of each meeting for the public to address the council. These arrangements also apply to Virtual Meetings as follows: as a member of the public you are welcome to join a virtual meetings as an observer but you will be muted. If you have registered to speak, the chaair will invite you to speak and "unmute" you at the appropriate time.
If you would like to speak at a council meeting:
• Please contact the Town Clerk before noon on the day of the meeting to let him know you would like to speak and to give some indication of the subject matter.
• As time is limited we ask you please to restrict addresses to the full council meeting to five minutes. If you wish to speak about a specific planning application at a planning meeting, please limit your address to 3 minutes. Thank you. If a number of people share similar views on a single topic or planning application, it would be much appreciated if they could work together and produce a combined address to the council. It would also be helpful if you could leave a copy of your address with the clerk after the meeting.
• If you plan to speak at a full council meeting, remember that the agenda for those meetings is published in advance (here and on Town Council notice boards) so that Charlbury people are informed of what will be discussed at the meeting. This means that the council cannot usually enter into discussion of any matter raised by the public at such a meeting if that matter does not appear on the published agenda. It can, of course, be considered for inclusion on the agenda at a future meeting; or may be discussed if it relates to an issue already on the agenda (e.g. as correspondence received). If you'd like a written response to any questions raised, please leave your details with the Clerk.
• A brief record will be included in the minutes of the meeting. The chairman does have the right to rule any statement as inappropriate though obviously we hope this will not be the case. Please ensure that comments are not personalised.
A full set of rules, and the council's Standing Orders, are available on request from the Town Clerk.
The Mill Field Management Plan can be viewed at www.charlburytowncouncil.co.uk/images/committee/Mill%20Field%20management%20plan%202018.pdf