1. Full programme of annual events
2. Three seasonal shows
3. Friendly society open to members of all ages
4. Expert information and advice provided when required
5. Interesting talks
6. Outings to notable gardens
7. Annual plant sale in May
8. Harvest Supper and social evening
9. Discounts at several garden retailers
10. Exclusive entry for occasional special visits
The Charlbury and District Garden Society is a lively and friendly group which promotes gardening for pleasure through a series of talks, shows, events and outings. There are three beautiful shows each year, Spring, Summer and Annual, and entries are welcomed from anyone in Charlbury or the surrounding areas - you do not have to be a member but there are significant advantages -- see above.
In the spring, we have a large plant sale at the Memorial Hall, which offers good value bedding plants, pots and baskets as well as more exotic perennials grown by members. In the summer, we arrange garden visits, locally we visit Dean Manor and slightly further afield we have an annual outing by coach to gardens and National Collections around England. In the autumn, we have a small plant sale at the Corner House and also the AGM, which is an enjoyable occasion with a Harvest Supper provided by the Committee and a general knowledge quiz. In the winter, we have evening talks and either a Gardeners' Question Time with local experts or a Quiz.
Membership of the Society costs £3.00 for the entire year, and all members receive a Schedule listing all the events and Show classes, together with a Member's card which enables discounts at various Nurseries -
Applegarth Nurseries, Chipping Norton;
Burford Garden Centre (plants only);
Freeland Nursery (plants only);
North Leigh Garden Centre (plants only) and
Yarnton Garden Centre.
Further details of all our activities can be found in the schedule which is distributed to members. Details can be found in the links below.
• The Annual Schedule can be downloaded by clicking bit.ly/1pyoTDE .
• The Spring Show schedule can be downloaded by clicking bit.ly/1q1Vrqg .
• The Summer Show schedule can be downloaded by clicking /bit.ly/1pyqNUY
and click Vegetable_Growing for links to advice on growing fruit and veg.
Last updated: Tue 29 Mar