The reality of holding weight of 12 inch iPad?

K Harper
👍

Tue 21 Sep 2021, 16:46

Hello Malcolm, I am not in the area at the moment but will get in touch as soon as I know when I will be, kind regards, Kris

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Tue 21 Sep 2021, 16:36

<fx> resumes breathing after a long hiatus <fx-off> I've been holding off on following up on the trying out of 12" iPad tablets cf a thread from months ago I've here resurrected, for two main reasons: 

(a) waiting for everyone to have had two Covid jabs and see how things…

Long post - click to read full text

K Harper
👍

Thu 8 Jul 2021, 15:54

Malcolm, thx for this; not a problem; offer still stands. Kris

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 8 Jul 2021, 15:20

Neil and Kris - been meaning to get back to you on this but not been well and thus not getting act together... you are not forgotten.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍 1

Fri 25 Jun 2021, 01:39

Thanks Neil and Kris - I'll get back to you sometime during a daylight time...

K Harper
👍

Tue 22 Jun 2021, 16:35

And I have an 11” iPad Pro with folio keyboard which you also very welcome to try. Kris

Neil V.
👍

Tue 22 Jun 2021, 16:21

Malcolm, i have a 12.9 inch iPad Pro with Apple folio keyboard. You are welcome to try it for size / weight etc. 

Hans Eriksson
👍

Mon 21 Jun 2021, 16:20

I have an 11.6" ACER laptop that I use when I'm sitting in my armchair, Windows 10 pro and it only cost £ 160 (two years ago, they are more expensive now). Have tried various tablets, but reckon they are a solution to a problem that I can't identify. 

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Mon 21 Jun 2021, 02:10

Thanks for those suggestions, I'll look them up.

:-)

J Fox
👍

Sat 19 Jun 2021, 11:19

Check out Habitat Industrial Tablet holder £12 on Sainsbury’s online.  I use mine for drawing and painting as well. It’s sturdy wooden and tilts.  

Wendy Bailey
👍

Sat 19 Jun 2021, 09:09 (last edited on Sat 19 Jun 2021, 09:09)

Have a look on amazon, or just google TATKRAFT a swivel and tilt table. Might be worth thinking about?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Sat 19 Jun 2021, 02:06

One of the only plus points about wearing varfocal spectacle lenses is that, having to look through the bottom of the lens to get the right magnification for reading, is that one has to keep your chin held up relatively high to peer through the bottom centimetre of the lens to get a focus.

I knew there just *had* to be an upside, somewhere, somehow, of ageing decrepitude…

I’ve been holding my sigother’s iPad 10 for a while now and it is beginning to weigh a bit heavy as time passes.

Its precisely due to the back problems I get from multiple spinal injuries that I’m seeking to escape the desk and chair and seek refuge in a recliner armchair where my upper back is supported…

But I’d really like to see and hold a 12” iPad Pro to make a proper comparison.

In an affluent exurb like Charlbury, stuffed to the brim with creatives, there must be some graphic designer or some such leveraging the touchscreen and drawing stylus whilst doodling on their knee…?

Jean Adams
👍

Fri 18 Jun 2021, 10:08

I was told that the Ipad should always be positioned on a hard surface in front of you. Therefore no neck strain . This is how I use mine, even Zooming.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 18 Jun 2021, 09:00 (last edited on Fri 18 Jun 2021, 09:01)

Don’t forget too much looking down will give you a bad neck - I know to my cost!   And that’s with only a mini ipad Need to limit the time to no more than say half an hour a day!

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 18 Jun 2021, 00:41

I should add that this would be an iPad Pro as the latest version has mouse support thus narrowing the gap twixt laptop and tablet.

Anyone using one of these with a mouse and separate, proper, keyboard ?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Fri 18 Jun 2021, 00:37

I’m considering getting an iPad instead of a more modern laptop and can’t decide:

10 inch or 12 inch?

Anyone with a 12” iPad able to tell me if it is “holdable” on the lap, say, with one hand whilst the other pecks away at the onscreen keyboard? Bearing in mind I’ve got a partially disabled left hand from high spinal injuries?

Err … if anyone does could I be able to have a go and see how manageable it is?

Best wishes etc 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.