Forum - conditions of use
What the forum is
- The forum is here to help Charlbury residents and get things done in the town.
What the forum is not
- The forum is not for one-to-one communication. If you want to contact an individual user, send them a message by clicking on their name.
- The forum is not a virtual community, it's an online board for the real-life community of Charlbury. That's why you must post under your real name, not a pseudonym.
- The forum is not the way to contact the site admins. Use the contact page instead.
Content of postings
- The main board is for constructive comment and help. All complaints and arguments must go in the Debate board.
- Postings are solely the opinions of their respective contributors.
- Abuse of others will not be tolerated.
- The forum is not suitable for use by those who are not of sufficient age to make this decision for themselves. If you are under 16, please consult a parent or guardian before using the forum.
- The site admins may move, delete, or edit posts as required in support of these conditions or for other reasons.
- Breaking these conditions may result in your ability to post to the forum being removed.
- Deliberately posting disruptive, aggressive or inconsiderate content will also result in a ban.
If you want somewhere to post without moderation, please use Facebook or Reddit.
- The conditions may be revised from time to time. Such revisions will be signalled on the forum index page. You should check the conditions before posting in case you've missed a notification.
- You don't have to agree with everything you read here; live and let live.
- There's a real person behind each posting. Treat them as such.
- If you're posting a complaint as your first ever comment, hold off until you've got something positive to say.
If you can't be friendly and constructive, don't post.
Return to the forum index