GWR marvel

Alex Flynn
👍

Fri 2 Feb 2018, 23:41 (last edited on Mon 5 Feb 2018, 00:05)

Rail Business Awards - what the dickens is that when you're at home?

It sounds like another industry cosy club where they all pat each other on the back just for doing their day to day jobs - badly!

Sorry to Liz for going against this otherwise positive thread. My train going home from Oxford was on time today if it helps! A shame about the 07:49 going in being another 10-15 minutes late!

Heather Williams
👍

Fri 2 Feb 2018, 19:17

Angus B that's good news my son is going for an interview at Surrey University early March, and hope to do the train, fingers crossed it works as well for him as well.

Angus B
👍

Fri 2 Feb 2018, 17:42

Travelled from Surrey to Charlbury this afternoon by GWR without a hitch. Clean, comfortable and punctual all the way!

Liz Reason
👍

Fri 2 Feb 2018, 08:05

Is it possible to estimate the cost of the penalties that GWR will have to pay as a result of these failures? And how many people make the application for their fares after a cancelled/ delayed train?

Christine Battersby
👍

Thu 1 Feb 2018, 11:52 (last edited on Thu 1 Feb 2018, 11:55)

The GWR Coffeeshop Forum (which Richard also moderates) reported that there was only 1 day in January when trains ran to timetable on the Cotswold Line. The record of the cancellations, delays and shortenings is here: www.firstgreatwestern.info/coffeeshop/index.php?topic=19201.0

This is depressing enough, but my own experience suggests that by no means all shortened trains and loo-less trains have been spotted.

What is utterly baffling is how the Director of GWR, Mark Hopwood, could conceivably have been named as Industry Leader of the Year at at the Rail Business Awards in February 2017. You couldn't make it up!

Angela Moore
👍

Thu 1 Feb 2018, 10:57

PS - I am going to this: www.charlbury.info/events/5226

Angela Moore
👍

Thu 1 Feb 2018, 10:46

Coincided with the super blue blood moon. It will be a long time before we see either phenomena again. GWR are driving me insane.

Liz Reason
👍

Wed 31 Jan 2018, 12:57

Went into Oxford on 15.06 and returned on 18.17. Both trains were on time! A first for 2018?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.