Let's be Proud of our Town

Peter Kenrick
👍

Wed 7 Sep 2016, 18:46

Since my launch of this initiative here and in the Chronicle I have been very encouraged by the positive comments that I have received around the town and by the number of people already taking positive action themselves. Thank you everyone.
This makes me feel quietly confident that, together, we can make a difference to the look of the town.
If you are interested in being part of our "Town Proud" volunteer group, we are holding a meeting tomorrow evening (Thursday 8th September) at 7:30pm in the Morris Room (upstairs in the Corner House) and we would be delighted to see you there. If you don't like meetings and just want to get stuck in, please join our mailing list if you haven't done so already, so that we can keep you informed. You can do so by contacting me through this website or Phil Morgan at philmorgan717@hotmail.com.

Peter Kenrick
👍

Thu 11 Aug 2016, 11:58

Steve. In fact I have received a lot of positive support for my initiaive over the last week by email and phone and I am confident that together we can make a difference.
The meeting on Tuesday was just held to get the initiave moving. There will be many more opportunities to get involved and I would be delighted to hear from everyone who wants to help improve the town - contact me at peter.kenrick48@gmail.com or on 01608 811021.
We will do our best to keep everyone informed in a number of ways so there will be no excuse for not knowing. We will have a table at Street Fair and are also planning to hold an open meeting soon - watch this space.
Re: your specific points, as Jim says, the town council report in the Chronicle regularly asks people to deal with issues around their homes.
Also, I have passed your comments re: ivy on the Enstone Road wall to the Nine Acres Management Team who look after this area for the town council.

Jim Holah
👍

Thu 11 Aug 2016, 11:21 (last edited on Thu 11 Aug 2016, 11:22)

In every Charlbury Chronicle edition I've ever seen published that request for all owners to attend to the area in front of their home is made. Sadly most either do not read or respond.

stephen cavell
👍

Thu 11 Aug 2016, 07:32

Peter I am surprised that this thread did not generate more interest. I am sorry that I did not see (in time) the invitation to a meeting on Tuesday this week put out on another thread. Is there a report to that meeting? My contribution is to ask whether the Town Council has ever thought of appealing to 'civic pride' by asking property owners (especially commercial) to take some responsibility for the outside of their properties by cutting back over hanging vegetation and picking up litter. I would add that the Council itself could set an example by trimming the ivy back along Nine Acres wall as one approaches the Medical Centre. Said ivy reduces pavement width by nearly 50%!

Peter Kenrick
👍

Thu 4 Aug 2016, 15:45

Our family moved to Charlbury 34 years ago and have always been proud to be part of this great community. Many things have changed but Charlbury is still a vibrant town - let's keep it that way!

Above all it the willingness of residents to get involved with the community…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.