Neighbourhood Plan

Tony H Merry
👍

Thu 27 Oct 2016, 09:10

I would like to encourage everyone to use the neighbourhood plan section on the left
We will post progress there and reply to any questions
In drafting our Neighbourhood Plan I think we should seek to get new houses built according to local needs, at the right price, in the right location and to ensure sustainability by making sure the required infrastructure is in place
Note that in the new local plan taking into account developments already approved the housing requirement is only 10 per year for the next 25 years which I think is realistic and acheivable

Suzy M-H
👍

Thu 1 Oct 2015, 12:56

Here's an interesting alternative perspective from today's Guardian as to the existence or not of a housing crisis
www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/sep/30/housing-crisis-policy-myth-realities

lucy Crane-Lupton
👍

Thu 1 Oct 2015, 09:43

You are right Hamish - any plan must involve projected numbers for both population and dwelling numbers. Although difficult to predict, Charlbury Neighbourhood Forum should make an assessment of likely demand based on best available evidence. We do know that the Charlbury-Burford sub-area may include 800 new houses to be…

Long post - click to read full text

Hamish Nichol
👍

Sat 26 Sep 2015, 08:32

25% to 100% is surely quadrupling Charlie? The UK population in this time has only increased by around 30% yet housing increased by 300%. The occupancy per house must surely be part of this story, along with second home ownership, commuting to work, etc. Though, there must also be a small amount of cannibalism of plots, removing old For new. Looking at average house prices (national) they've give from £~2k to £~190k, I'm not sure how expensive Charlbury was in 1950, though Zoopla puts the average house value in Charlbury as £~440k. I can't imagine how the past 65 years housing growth, or even the price growth of the past 10 - 15 years is possible yet alone sustainable. The plan absolutely needs to decide what population demographic Charlbury wants to achieve/maintain in future years and plan housing/service provision aspirations around these numbers.

charlie clews
👍

Sat 26 Sep 2015, 07:46

That's really interesting Liz, so if Charlbury has trebled in size (excuse maths) in the last sixty five years I wonder how it will look in 2080.

Liz Reason
👍

Fri 25 Sep 2015, 16:21

The Charlbury Town Appraisal was completed in 1995 (I think) when 75% of homes in Charlbury had been built after 1950. That proportion will be higher now. Just a little reminder that not everyone lives in a very old house.

russell robson
👍

Thu 24 Sep 2015, 18:47

I note that Tony mentioned that the town was looking for street organisers for Charlbury. Are these along the lines of the Committess for the Defence of the Revolution in Cuba or the Stasi. Happy to organise our street there' s only 4 of us, but I don't think our views count.

charlie clews
👍

Thu 24 Sep 2015, 14:32

As a very recent previous resident and as a consultant who plays an active role the planning process I really hope Charlbury does this. But in doing so I do hope that when producing this plan Charlbury acknowledges its role as a rural service center (WODC terminology) with a mainline…

Long post - click to read full text

lucy Crane-Lupton
👍

Wed 23 Sep 2015, 20:25 (last edited on Wed 23 Sep 2015, 22:22)

There is about to be some very exciting new content to be released onto the website very soon.
And here it is ... www.charlburyneighbourhoodforum.org.uk Please add to the new interactive map!

Peter Evans
👍

Wed 23 Sep 2015, 19:19

There's even a forum
forum.charlbury.info/index/3

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Wed 23 Sep 2015, 15:07

There is indeed a page on this website - www.charlbury.info/community/74 - and it would be lovely if some of those involved in the Neighbourhood Forum could find the time to update it.

Suzy M-H
👍

Wed 23 Sep 2015, 10:09

Thanks for the info, Rod. Is there a website or Facebook page? Could there be a page on this website with info and updates?

Rod Evans
👍

Tue 22 Sep 2015, 15:42

I thought I would start a new thread as a question was asked about this on the Rushy Bank one and they are separate topics.

The Neighbourhood Forum is the body appointed by the Town Council to consider and prepare a Community Led and/or Neighbourhood Plan (the latter being primarily concerned with land use and planning issues). Though I'm a member of the Forum, this is not an official reply, just a way of answering the query about it.

The Forum is engaged in evidence gathering, which among other things, will soon (we hope!)involve issuing a questionnaire to residents, a Housing Needs Survey and other consultations. That evidence will then need to be collated and analysed before decisions can be made on the form of plan to be put forward and a draft plan produced.
As a single member of the Forum, I shall leave it at that for now - but wanted to reassure the enquirer that work is indeed under way.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.