Cleaner

Valerie Stewart
👍

Sun 7 Apr, 19:01

Wendy, is Cleaning 21 still in business?   I thought they had gone out of business?  

But I will try Karla, on your recommendation, for which many thanks.   

Wendy Bailey
👍 4

Sun 7 Apr, 17:15

Incase it's of interest, the lady that used to be a postie in Charlbury, Karla, has opened a laundry service in Chipping Norton, she has a collection and delivery service as well. Very efficient and its nice knowing Chippy now has two good laundering services, Cleaning21 being the other one. 

Valerie Stewart
👍 1

Sat 6 Apr, 23:30

Christine, thank you so much, I'll definitely try County Textiles.   

You're right about the launderettes.   My neighbour can hardly walk at all;  I walk with a stick and a pronounced limp  (L-I-M-P folks, pronounced LIMP.   The oldies are still the goodies, don't you think?)

Blessings on you, as promised, and many thanks.   

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Sat 6 Apr, 16:44

Valerie: you asked if anyone could suggest a reasonable laundry service.

Have you tried County Textiles Services, based in Witney (Units 2 & 3, Avenue One, Station Lane)?

Although much of their business is the laundry for Oxford Colleges and Oxfordshire Hotels, they also do personal laundry and seem to both collect and deliver. Details here: https://www.countytextiles.com/services

I haven't used them, but have used both Seahorse (Langdale Court) and Special Touch (Wesley Walk) in Witney, both offer laundry services. Both OK, but expensive and don't collect or deliver. County Textiles has outstanding reviews.

There's also the launderette at 65 Hailey Rd, Witney. They do service washes, but presume that they won't meet your needs. 

Valerie Stewart
👍 8

Thu 4 Apr, 23:17

Thank you Rod - you read my mind.   Specifically, for several years my neighbour and I (and many others) recieved excellent service from Cleaning21 in Chippy - not only were they excellent cleaners, they also had a laundry service, which was great for me and essential for the (very) disabled…

Long post - click to read full text

Hans Eriksson
👍 2

Thu 4 Apr, 21:40

I have moved countries three times - Hong Kong, Australia and to here. Brexit makes this wonderful experience harder. But we do have the sunny uplands. 

Rod Evans
👍 8

Thu 4 Apr, 21:23 (last edited on Thu 4 Apr, 21:28)

I fear Alex (and Svetla) may have misunderstood this - along it seems with all those 'liking' their post.  I can heartily recommend them as cleaners and have done before but I don't think Valerie was 'spitting' at anybody - so much as at Brexit, which did indeed result in many East Europeans returning home (as the Brexiteers no doubt wanted).  I haven't been in touch with her but I think she means East Europeans here = good, Brexit = bad for making them less welcome.  But I'm glad to hear that Alex and Svetla have permanent status and are not bothered by Brexit. 

Rachel Brushfield
👍 2

Thu 4 Apr, 20:19

I have never moved countries and had to learn a different language.

Life swaps should be a compulsory part of a well-rounded education.

Aleksandar Yordanov
👍 15

Thu 4 Apr, 17:38

Hi Valerie, Some cleaners from Eastern Europe we have permanent status and Brexit doesn't bother us, it's not good to spit on all Eastern Europeans, have a nice evening. by alex71cleaning@gmail.com

Valerie Stewart
👍 1

Thu 4 Apr, 13:10

Peggy Sparkles!!!!    They look after me, my neighbour, and a friend (all by recommendation).   Decent prices; they need your vacuum and mop but bring their own unguents; they live here and have done for ages and have families here (therefore not likely to disappear to Eastern Europe - bloody Brexit);  no problems with language; friendly, responsible, and with a good dose of common sense.   Highly recommended.

Peggysparkles.co.uk

Alice Low
👍

Thu 4 Apr, 10:59

Hello, we are looking for a cleaner - any recommendations please?

Thank you :)

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.