Melatonin supplier of repute - anyone else use this stuff?

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Mon 12 May 2008, 20:51

Charlotte, Mandy, Catharine Steve - thanks for the leads, tips and directions to the shop, I'll root him out next time I'm fit to get up there or dig out his phone number and ring him. Also will check out website - a lot of people in the UK find melatonin helpful, especially with ME, Fibromyalgia, OrganoPhospate pesticide poisoning and spinal damage - particuarly damage where the vagus nerve, which controls much of the parasympathetic nervous system, is affected by compression etc. A condition recognised as quite common in the USA but not at all here in the UK, where these "mystery" illnesses have been taken over by a coup d'etate by the Psychiatrists to whom they are all psychosomatic, and studiously ignore the research from the USA finding 5% suffering from this distinct neurological or autoimmune disorder, or another 5% suffering from that, like "stealth" infections of Lymes or Weils disease, or one of the enterovirii in the polio family (some 56 or so of those of which only one or two caused classical polio) and x% asymptoptic TB, quite a few with neck injuries from accidents with Chiari's malformation (a constriction of the spinal cord and hindbrain where it exits the very small hole at the foramen magnum of the skull) and so forth... All slowly adding up over the years to covering more and more people with these "mystery" illnesses with common expressed symptoms but different causes - some of which are treatable, some of which you're stuffed. Its all uphill in the UK 'cos of vested interests fighting turf wars in the BMA and research grant areas - but in Oxfordshire alone there is some 3-4000 people suffering these related sympotmatic illnesses, a large number of "hidden disabled" largely ignored and maltreated with utmost incompetence by most surgery medics. Alas the reputation of Charlbury Medical centre amongst alternative therapy practitioners who end up picking up a lot of these people who turn in some desperation to try *something* (as sometimes things work for some people so ya never know) is one of the worst in the country for tramlined straight down the conventional narrow guage track of paradigmatic rigidity and adherence to the dominant culture of deeply conservative and hierarchical medical orthodoxy. As a one time "philosophy and history of science" grad student (I seem to have gathered an eclectic range of postgrad courses over the years, typical first-degree mature student, in the 70s when people entering uni from self-educated working class backgrounds in their 20s was *really* rare, all restless curiosity) err as a one time philosopher of science and medicine I could go on at considerable length about the Medical centre and its socio-psychological and ideological failings - as people well know, given the sheer speed at which I type, I can run off pages of A4 in a matter of 5 or 10 minutes, especially when a bit - or more - stoned out on opiates ;)

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.