Is there room for them in our inn?

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Mon 14 Dec 2015, 11:26 (last edited on Thu 17 Dec 2015, 13:16)

These two reports came in this morning...

Kashmir Hussain is from Oldham. He was on his second visit to Lesvos:

"So my second trip to Lesvos was different to the first. As soon as i landed here had to go straight to the morgue which was a refrigerator container where the bodies of the deseased where kept, 3 of us had to go inside to pick the bodies up which were just piled on top of each other the hardest part was moving bodies to get to the bottom ones there was small tiny babies children to men & women each had tag on there legs some had names but most had numbers. Then we had to put the bodies in the hearse & take them to the graveyard where we giv the bodies ghusal(wash) & put kaffan(white cloth) on them & then buried the bodies 1 by 1 it was tough and emotional thing i hav ever done in my life and i will never forget this for the rest of my life.. Allhamdulillah all burials got completed the people who took part was Greengate Trust, Mustafa, SKT welfare & High wycombe boys may allah swt reward everyone immensely

Please do dua for the people that have left this world may allah swt grant them highest rank in jannat AMEEN"

Leah Wild is just back home in Stroud after driving back from volunteering in the Greek islands... (They took the ferry to Venice, in case you ask.)

"The world we live in....

Where people with nothing.... People who have been brutalised and exploited and ignored and abused and forgotten, can say 'I thank you sister, I thank you brother, I thank you Mother'. I thank you God.

So many smiles and hugs and thank yous and thank Gods. Thanks given to people whose Governments have had a hand in the brutalising and exploiting and ignoring and abusing and forgetting. Thanks given to Gods who don't appear to be watching.

The world we live in.....

An ostensibly modern world. A world where we are taught that we give the gift of civilisation to these barbaric 'others' who invade our shores.

These 'others' know the true meaning of Thank You. These others are the survivors of our foreign policy. These others are you and they are me."

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.