The 3 O'Clock Club at the Primary School

Neil MacAlpine
👍

Wed 7 Mar 2007, 10:21

The AGM of the above was held last night. 5 parents attended, so with the 5 from the 3 o'Clock Club that made a round 10.
For those who don't know, the Club provides After School care for Primary age children, particularly for working parents, from 3 to 6 pm.
With such a dearth of parents who use the Club at the AGM it is very difficult to make any decisions as to how to proceed with the Club (though our feeling is that it is best to leave well alone)and, more importantly, to get some new blood onto the Committee.
This is something which the present Committee, such as we now are, has made not very onerous. We do accept that the fact that it runs is adequate to most parents. So be it.
There have been two offers of help however, gratefully received. No one, understandably, wants to take on the more major roles of Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer, though, again, our aim is to make it as painless as possible, with a meeting usually every other month.Most of the rest is done via email.
We really do need a Treasurer though, to handle the incoming fees, write the bills, and organise the wages (though payment of these is organised outside the Committee).
Our long serving/suffering Treasurer has now stepped down, but assures us that their is not actually that much work involved. we wonder therefore if any kind person would like to get involved specifically in this role?
Myself and Amanda Jarman now form the core of the Committee, with a few other people prepared to do bits and pieces at specific times. In many ways the club now runs itself, so if anyone feels that they can contribute, then please speak to myself, or Marion at the Club,who will pass any comments on to me.
Nothing is going to change otherwise, and the Club is going to continue to run. However, the need for someone to help as a "Treasurer" is pressing, and we would be grateful for any offers of help. Perhaps we could even split the job.

That's all,
Neil MacAlpine,
Chair.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.