Charlbury Co-op - The Unhealthy Choice

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 19 Feb 2015, 13:47

What do you think about this? Has anyone else had a reply?

They are taking some of the comments on board. So it's worth letting them know what you/we think.

Dear Mr Carpenter,

I am writing with reference to your recent correspondence regarding our Co-operative Food Store in Charlbury.

I would like to reassure you that we take our customers comments extremely seriously and would like to thank you for sending us the link to the forum. On checking the forum I contacted the Store's District Manager, Matt Windridge and our Fresh Food Manager, Tony Whitlock to investigate the comments which had been made on the forum.

Matt and Tony can confirm that we do strive to offer as much British produce as possible through our national range, however, the challenge of meeting our customer needs and the seasonal nature of these lines mean that we do have to supplement them to include imported lines. We are passionate about local supply and are always looking to supplement our core range with local suppliers. In Charlbury we use Mudwalls, they are based in Warwickshire, but source products from a number of farms throughout the Cotswolds. The Store Manager, Chris Layton will be reviewing the stock levels of these lines and will increase the range as we move through to spring and the wider range of produce is available.

Chris has also assured me that the store now has stock of the organic milk and apologises for the lack of stock when you visited. This was due to a supplier issue which regrettably led to poor availability in a number of stores, fortunately this has now been rectified and he will personally monitor the stock levels of the Co-op organic milk to ensure we are meeting customer demand. We are also introducing a local organic milk called 'Jess Ladies' from Gloucestershire - again Chris will keep reviewing the stock holding of this line to ensure availability.

We also want to ensure that we maintain a compelling offer for all of our customers; Chris has removed chocolate from the top of the checkouts and replaced with Hot Cross Buns and fruit lines. He has also reviewed the promotion bins leading to the checkout and has replaced one of these with Chiltern Natural Foods Snacks. This stand is from a local supplier of natural snacks.

The Talk to Us board and comment book have recently been moved and are now located at the rear of the store, however it is still clearly visible to customers and Chris will be more than happy to address any further concerns you have if you would ask for him in store.

I hope I have been able to assist you with your query; however should there be anything further I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me directly using the details below.

Thank you for supporting your local Co-operative Society.

Yours sincerely

Michelle Harwood
Retail Customer Care Co-ordinator
The Midcounties Co-operative Society
Freephone: 0800 138 2909
Email: talktous@midcounties.coop

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.