Graffiti (Debate)

Laura Ellison
👍 2

Tue 28 Feb 2023, 09:51

has there been any movement on the council removing the graffiti?

I'm an art lover but I can't get on board with this!

Alan Colgan
👍 11

Mon 16 Jan 2023, 00:31

Last month, my wife and I walked down to St Mary’s to look at the beautiful Xmas trees lining the path to the church. So much thought, creativity and care from all of those responsible. Things like this help to define our town and make me proud to live here.

Long post - click to read full text

Sherif Akil
👍 7

Fri 13 Jan 2023, 14:34

Moved to the debate section. Intresting... breaking the law is up for debate

Next time I'm caught speeding I'll just say its art

James Norris
👍 2

Thu 12 Jan 2023, 23:14

Small bit of tagging >> new local drug dealer

The kind of leap Evel Kinevel would be proud of.

Elaine Kazimierczuk
👍

Thu 12 Jan 2023, 15:34

Handyman/woman needed for small indoor jobs in Charlbury.

Huw Mallins-Brown
👍 5

Wed 11 Jan 2023, 21:53 (last edited on Wed 11 Jan 2023, 22:02)

Perhaps Nuart Charlbury should feature in the next Artweek?

John Lanyon
👍 14

Wed 11 Jan 2023, 20:50

Regarding the Fiveways Bus Shelter, I see it as art. I see the challenge for the artist. I see a high level of skill.

Sherif Akil
👍 3

Wed 11 Jan 2023, 20:26

I see nothing has been done by the council. Perhaps they don't know and we need to make a report.... I encourage as many people as possible to fill out https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/environment/litter-street-cleaning-and-dog-fouling/graffiti/

michele marietta
👍 8

Thu 24 Nov 2022, 09:19

I'm all for organizing something for the teens of the community, but that isn't going to stop tagging.

'Nook' has said that 'art isn't a crime' (see tag on boards outside coop), but until you actually start making some art, NOOK, right now you're just a bog-standard tagger.

Rachel Brushfield
👍 2

Wed 23 Nov 2022, 22:05

See post about researching the needs of youth in Charlbury. 

Sherif Akil
👍 7

Wed 23 Nov 2022, 11:19

Some say graffiti is an art form and a way of expressing yourself....

Personally, I think it’s ugly vandalism that devalues the whole community. The habit also has strong links to the supply and consumption of drugs…

So, is NOOK our new local dealer? Maybe using the forum is a less offensive way to market their wares.

How does anyone else feel about the contemporary art?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.