How to book a Covid jab please

Janet Burroughs
👍 1

Wed 5 Oct 2022, 11:51

To be fair to Chipping Norton Health Centre, they are are probably servicing a much wider area - last night my husband was talking to a gentleman who had come from Deddington. They are also having to work around normal business and so are doing vaccinations at weekends and in evenings. We were there last night at 8pm and staff reckoned they might not finish till 9.30. Yes, a form had to be completed but it didn’t cause any real delay. And yes, there was a wait. But system worked well and clearly all staff involved as well S volunteers - with my husband vaccinated by a GP. So no problems - both now  successfully vaccinated. 10/10 for Chippy. 

Hans Eriksson
👍 3

Wed 5 Oct 2022, 08:51

10/10 for the CMC vaccination clinic yesterday. In and out in 4 minutes double jabbed. I did have the form filled in. The Moderna bivalent we got is for BA1, and that is very good. 

As a comparison my wife went to Chippy yesterday. Where noone had thought of a prefilled form. Also mayhem in that they had obviously allowed too many people compared to capacity. 40 minutes wait.

Nikki Rycroft
👍 2

Tue 4 Oct 2022, 16:13

The autumn immunisation programme got off to a good, steady start today. Most received both vaccines: Moderna (bivalent-updated), and the flu jab. Some received one and not the other. All were welcome.

It quickly became apparent that many people had not completed the vaccination record and consent form because they were not aware they had to or had not noticed the request on their text message. Some people did not bring a mask.

Please complete the form sent and please bring your mask. If you forget either there are some available outside the Sports Centre, but completing the form in the cold and wind while waiting for your vaccine is not ideal. 

More clinics are planned for mid October: 15 October - Saturday morning in CMC; Tuesday 18 October in the Football and Social Club. Clinics for people aged 50 to 64 will be held as the vaccines become available.

We'll be in touch as we receive more information.

Hans Eriksson
👍 1

Mon 3 Oct 2022, 17:12

That's great news about the Moderna Bivalent, many thanks for checking Nikki.

Nikki Rycroft
👍 2

Mon 3 Oct 2022, 13:41

We understand the Moderna bivalent vaccine will be available for the first few clinics. 

Further appointments will be offered after the first three, which are now fully booked , and you will be contacted if eligible. Once all the age 65+ and at risk patients have been vaccinated the 50-64 age group will be contacted as vaccine becomes available. 

Please wear a mask if you are attending and remember to bring your completed form. 

Nikki Rycroft
👍 2

Mon 3 Oct 2022, 09:05

There will be further clinics offered, depending on the availability of the vaccine. We shall let you know when these dates are confirmed.

In the meantime, if you are in the eligible category, you will have received a text/ email from the NHS so that you can simply book an appointment at one of the vaccine centres. 

We are waiting to hear which vaccine will be offered by the CMC this week. 

Sandy Fairhurst
👍

Sun 2 Oct 2022, 19:59

Nikki, if we can’t make either day this week, what other options are available?

Hans Eriksson
👍

Sat 1 Oct 2022, 17:44

Yes, everybody should take any vaccine offered. It should say on the label which vaccine it is, I believe the Moderna bivalnt one is called Spikevax mRNA-1273.222. 

Nikki Rycroft
👍 2

Sat 1 Oct 2022, 14:20

This is what it says about the availability of the bivalent vaccine on the Gov website.

I have not heard and indeed we might not know whether it is the bivalent one.
You will be given a booster dose of a vaccine made by Pfizer or Moderna. You may be offered an updated combination version of these booster vaccines – the combination vaccines include a half-dose of the previous vaccine combined with a half-dose of a vaccine against the Omicron variant. For a very small number of people another vaccine product may be advised by your doctor.

Both the previous and the combination vaccines boost protection very well, although the combination vaccines produce slightly higher levels of antibody against some strains of Omicron.  As we cannot predict which variants of COVID-19 will be circulating this winter, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) have concluded that both types of vaccine can be used in adults, and that no one should delay vaccination to receive combination vaccines. So you will be offered the right vaccine for you at the right time.

Please accept the vaccination that is offered to you as soon as you are able to – it is important to have your booster and build up your protection against severe illness before the winter.

Hans Eriksson
👍

Sat 1 Oct 2022, 10:01

Do we know which vaccine will be offered on Tuesday? Specifically is it bivalent?

Matthew Greenfield
👍 2

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 23:01

Thanks for the info Nikki. Thank you also to all those at the CMC and the volunteers for continuing to organise these vaccination clinics.

Nikki Rycroft
👍

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 18:39

Please don’t just turn up in the hope of getting your vaccination if you have not booked an appointment for next week. See below. The CMC have been allocated a limited amount of vaccine by the Centre and this should be targeted to eligible patients. 

Nikki Rycroft
👍 1

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 18:36

Ah, well as I keep trying to persuade you, if you joined the virtual patient group , you would have received this !

We have more information about the clinics. The first group of patients to be invited are people aged 65 and over, and younger patients who are at increased risk of becoming very unwell if they are infected with Covid 19.

People who are fit and healthy in the younger age group 50 to 64 will be invited to have their booster and flu jab later in the autumn as vaccines become available.

If you have had confirmed Covid 19 recently,  you should wait for 4 weeks before having the booster.

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 18:25

Hmmmm, maybe I should check if the CMC has my mobile?

Hans Eriksson
👍

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 17:33

I got a text invite earlier in the week, and I am younger than 65. 

Matthew Greenfield
👍

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 15:48 (last edited on Fri 30 Sep 2022, 15:57)

Does anyone know if over the 50s are eligible for the vaccination clinics on 4th and 6th October at the CMC or do you have to wait to be invited as before?

(Update: I should have checked the news section first! "Eligible patients will be contacted by text to their mobile phone and for those without a mobile phone, by letter." I have not received a text or letter so assume over 50s will be invited at a later date?)

Sue Way
👍

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 15:35

Jean, if you’re registered with Charlbury Medical Centre and as you are eligible, I think you can just turn up at the Sports and Social Club on 4th or 6th October to receive your jab. There’s a form to fill in, but I think you can do that on the day.

Jean Adams
👍

Fri 30 Sep 2022, 14:16

I was given an incorrect number

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.