RECYCLING IN WEST OXFORDSHIRE IS RUBBISH (Debate)

Deborah Longshaw
👍 3

Thu 9 Jun 2022, 09:18

Sorry, but can we please get back on to subject - create your own thread about what name you are and are not allowed to use!!

Update to MY thread……Recycling has just come through and once again - even though all my cardboard is now neatly contained within the clear plastic bags supplied by WODC they have still refused it all!! Again citing it would take up too much space in the lorry!!! 
I am at my wits end!! What am I meant to do with it all?? I am also completely shocked that there is supposed to be this big initiative to get us all to recycle and yet WODC closes down Tips and recycling centres AND then reduces the amount of waste their operatives are allowed to collect with every collection?? 

No one appears to give a flying F*** about this and yet I am damn sure there will be posts galore when someone comes across a pile of rubbish dumped in the middle of our beautiful countryside or the bottom of their driveway!!

Liz Leffman is their anything you can do??

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 4

Sat 4 Jun 2022, 10:58

And the answer on that is that you are asked to use your full name, and you should do, but I have limited appetite for arguing with people…

Angus B
👍 2

Fri 3 Jun 2022, 21:32

Mark, there might be a very good reason why someone does not put her/his full name and I think it is up to The Forum Admin Staff, not us, to question.

Mark Sulik
👍 2

Fri 3 Jun 2022, 16:22

Open Dean Pit 

How come you don’t have to use your full name as per the forum rules ? Mark S 

Charlie M
👍 4

Thu 2 Jun 2022, 11:07

I wonder if now, with the change of administration at WODC, the question of re-opening Dean Pit can be revisited? After all, it was in essence closed by one person's pressure on what was then a Tory WODC.
I think that it is time for this to happen, and wonder if here would be a good place to test local opiniion?

Sarah Goad
👍 1

Thu 2 Jun 2022, 08:23

Missed garden waste will be collected on Monday 6th, no explanation why it was missed:

https://www.westoxon.gov.uk/bins-and-recycling/report-a-missed-bin/

Philip Ambrose
👍 6

Wed 1 Jun 2022, 21:16

We are suffering the combined effects of Brexit and Covid. It is increasingly difficult to get staff for these not so nice, not so well paid jobs in what is a high cost of living area. Whenever there has been a missed collection, which I agree is very frustrating, I have found the Ubico staff quite pleasant and easy to deal with. Lord Chadlington put paid to Dean Tip, but there was supposed to be some limited recycling facility opening at Enstone Airfield, whatever happened to that? 

Angus B
👍

Tue 31 May 2022, 23:26

At least three garden waste bins not emptied in Rochester Place so maybe that lorry was full, too!

Charlie M
👍

Tue 31 May 2022, 21:47

My garden waste was not collected today. It has the required sticker on the top, so I do not know what has happened...

Deborah Longshaw
👍 1

Tue 31 May 2022, 20:16

I am beyond frustrated!

I have been having a sort out of my shed & loft (long overdue). This has meant that I have quite a few largish (but not enormous) cardboard boxes which I have disassembled & flattened down & sandwiched between my Recycling bin & Household waste bin…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.