Who's Backing Boris? (Spectator article) (Debate)

Philip Ambrose
👍 4

Wed 6 Jul 2022, 14:06

Now that Captain Boris is in an irrecoverable tailspin, will the Minister for Aviation bale out?

Philip Ambrose
👍 7

Sun 12 Jun 2022, 13:54 (last edited on Sun 12 Jun 2022, 13:54)

The acid test of the vote of confidence is how many MPs not on the Goverment payroll (backbenchers) saw fit to vote for the PM - very few.

Our MP meanwhile, as Minister of Aviation, is presiding over the chaos which has its roots in the ending of furlough for the aviation sector while retaining travel restrictions. Little wonder that airlines and airports had to lay off staff! Will the vetting backlog for new ground staff be reduced by lowering the level of scrutiny?

Booze for Boris in Downing Street, boos for Boris outside St. Pauls. Time to go.

Charlie M
👍 7

Wed 13 Apr 2022, 18:42

I learned a very long time ago that anyone can speak the words of an apology, and sound sincere, but it is their actions thereafter that constitute the "body" of that apology.

So far I am unaware that, since this "apology", Johnson has behaved in any different way than his normal arrogant, narcissistic, obnoxious and chaotic self.

Therefore, unlike our amoeba of an MP, I do not see that this constitutes even 5% of a genuine apology. But his reaction does not surprise me at all.

Nicola Leyland
👍 6

Wed 13 Apr 2022, 16:27

I'm not certain that 'implemented the changes promised' makes any sense now:- unless the changes promised were to stop making laws reducing freedom - 

Valerie Stewart
👍

Wed 13 Apr 2022, 16:24 (last edited on Wed 13 Apr 2022, 16:24)

Today's Spectator has an article naming all the Tory MPs who have backed Boris publicly since news of the fines came out.  Needless to say, our local MP has:

"Whilst I understand the anger felt, the PM has apologised, accepted decision of Police & implemented the changes promised.

"Now, as he leads the West’s response to Putin’s evil invasion of Ukraine, it is critical that this is our focus: both he & Chancellor have my full support".

Children are watching, for goodness' sake.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.