Palm Sunday Walk, Wychwood Forest (Debate)

vicky burton
👍 5

Wed 13 Apr 2022, 09:48

"Three days of debauchery in the forest" isn't that the byline for The Wilderness Festival ! ;-)

James Norris
👍 3

Tue 12 Apr 2022, 23:11

‘Why do you come here?’ what a hateful line of questioning. I’ve been here 25 years. I can only assume you use such language for other ‘outsiders’ also. Anybody can come from anywhere and have an equal voice. 

Christian terms are redundant, nobody uses them. It’s counter-productive and not inclusive.

Debauchery in the forest sounds much, much better than a boring street fair, let’s double drop and see where it takes us.

Leah Fowler
👍 4

Tue 12 Apr 2022, 23:00 (last edited on Tue 12 Apr 2022, 23:03)

Why do you come here and want to change everything?  

Do you object to history and custom as well as Christianity? 

Perhaps we should ditch the Street Fair and go back to three days of debauchery in the forest

James Norris
👍

Tue 12 Apr 2022, 22:53

Nice insight, Leah.

Hopefully next year Herbert will drop the ‘Palm Sunday’ bit and just use the day, as nobody uses these terms anymore, on the promise we won’t stray off the path and get ourselves shot.

Leah Fowler
👍 2

Tue 12 Apr 2022, 22:43

The Palm Sunday walk is traditional , people from Charlbury and Finstock and Leafield filled their bottles at the Liqourice well .

The first year that it was restarted after the last Lord Rotherwick closed it,  the route was lined with gamekeepers wielding guns so that nobody strayed off the path 

James Norris
👍

Tue 12 Apr 2022, 22:34 (last edited on Tue 12 Apr 2022, 23:58)

Ah wait, this was last week? The use of ‘Palm Sunday’ made me think it was next weekend and linked to some religious calendar. Entirely my own fault for not remembering the terminology back at school.

Can we do a regular Saturday in June, please?

James Norris
👍 2

Fri 8 Apr 2022, 22:03 (last edited on Tue 12 Apr 2022, 23:26)

Sounds great, shame we have to wait for specific religious holidays but appreciated nonetheless 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.