The Old Farmhouse in Sheep St. (Debate)

James Norris
👍

Thu 14 Apr 2022, 09:13

Ah yeah that’s the one. I was talking to a fella who was fitting carpets. Not quite sure why, as looked lovely without. https://www.thecountryhousedepartment.com/properties/merchant-house

Angus B
👍 1

Wed 13 Apr 2022, 22:30

I was told Merchant House (Ex News and Things) has been bought by an army officer who is abroad quite a lot and will live in the house when he retires. Until then it will be let.

James Norris
👍

Wed 13 Apr 2022, 09:51

A lot of people will be up in arms about it becoming holiday rentals, but seems like a logical result. It was on the market for ages and while huge, is quite an awkward, unusual space for a family home. 

There’s another house almost opposite it, lovely double-fronted place that has had brown paper over the windows for months, which is going to be an Airbnb. That one is much more of a shame.

vicky burton
👍 1

Thu 31 Mar 2022, 22:25 (last edited on Thu 31 Mar 2022, 22:26)

'Had a conversation with a builder coming out of the property today who informed me that after about 6 months of work, the place would be used for holiday lets.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.