Book Club

Jenny Guildford
👍

Sun 22 Feb 2009, 19:12

If there is enough demand, I could set up a book group that would be open to everyone in the community. I'm new to the area, so this would be a great way to meet new people, as well as creating something that others could benefit from. I'll look into this further, venues etc. and post details on here as and when they come together. If anyone would like to contact me about this my email address is jjguildford@hotmail.com.

Ian Taylor
👍

Fri 20 Feb 2009, 16:45

There are at least three people at my office in the Spendlove Centre that would love a Charlbury book club. I'll point them in the direction of this thread.

Jon Carpenter
(site admin)
👍

Thu 19 Feb 2009, 11:09

Jenny -- adding your phone number and/or email address might encourage people to reply. Not everyone knows about clicking on the name to send an email.

This is something I get asked regularly (as the local bookseller). One short answer is that there are several book groups in Charlbury, but they are made up of friends and are in that sense by invitation only. You're most likely to join one by making friends and letting them know what you are looking for. Not necessarily the easy way round for a newcomer.

Alternatively, why not start a new one and advertise for members? That might work. Also, if you haven't done so already, you could ask Penny in the library if she is aware of anyone else who might be interested.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 18 Feb 2009, 12:47

There is a book club which meets on Wednesdays - try contacting Helen Bessemer Clark as she attends this at helen.bessemerclark@btinternet.com

Jenny Guildford
👍

Tue 17 Feb 2009, 15:37

Does anyone know if there is a book club or reading group in Charlbury? If so, when and where does it take place?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.