Fly tipping - again. (Debate)

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Mon 21 Mar 2022, 09:13

Have emailed you via this site Kris.  Most grateful.

Hannen.

K Harper
👍 2

Sun 20 Mar 2022, 12:44 (last edited on Mon 21 Mar 2022, 07:39)

Could be collected tomorrow morning (Mon 21.3.22) if wished.  Kris

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Sun 20 Mar 2022, 10:44

Many thanks for the helpful suggestions.  I shall discuss with my Wife and then be in touch (if necessary)!

Christine Battersby
👍 3

Sat 19 Mar 2022, 20:56 (last edited on Sat 19 Mar 2022, 20:56)

Kris's kind offer seems excellent. But for future reference I think you will find Curry's offers free recycling for smaller items, including microwaves. I have used the Banbury store in the past. You just take it in to the recycling point. Probably other retailers in Witney or Chippy would also allow this. And if you buy a replacement, the store supplying the new equipment will probably take the old one away. 

K Harper
👍 3

Sat 19 Mar 2022, 15:44 (last edited on Sat 19 Mar 2022, 15:44)

Hello, do I presume the microwave is not working? Is it something that Charlbury Green Hub could fix? If not I would be happy to collect and dispose of on my next “tip trip”. Kind regards, Kris

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Sat 19 Mar 2022, 12:58

I think that the WODC Councillors and County Councillors really need to address this.

We are now living in an area where one can't recycle even if you want to.

A few months ago I asked WODC if it would take away some rotten fence panels.  Yes, but I would be charged for each one as a separate item.  It's just one pick up isn't it?

Now I am trying to dispose of a "pre-owned" (I do that to help the environment) microwave.  It is a few centimetres too long for the black box, although the bulk of it fits in.  So WODC won't collect it.  

My Wife had to go to another County today and she drove to a tip there to dump it, was asked for proof of address, and then told that as she was out of the County, she'd have to take it back to Charlbury.

So I suppose it is destined for Stanton Harcourt.  What a waste of fuel and time.  It's only a microwave.  So come on Councillors - sort this out please.  I'm not surprised that people fly tip.  We are not money launderers, so why should we have to produce ID?

We are stuck with something we can't recycle.  And no, that microwave you see in the ditch isn't mine!  It's still in the "trunk". 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.