Indoor swimming pool on Pooles Lane

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Tue 6 Jan 2009, 13:47

I've been asked to post this:

The indoor pool at The Beechcroft site is not for public use. There has never been, nor will there be, any planning conditions regarding the pool other than for the private use of the owners at The Playing close. The Playing Close site is a private retirement development and therefore all amenities on site are there for the private use of the owners only. I have been Manager of the site since its construction. If any resident of Charlbury would like me to speak to me personally or look at the planning consents for the site then they are welcome to ring me at the site office on 01608 811970 any week day morning.

The Manager, The Beechcroft Trust, Charlbury

daniel stone
👍

Tue 6 Jan 2009, 13:10

I am not sure but i think the swimming pool was put there for use of residents only.It has a sign at the entrance saying private property ,but it would be interesting to find out for sure as it would be very handy if it could be used by local people.

Chris Bates
👍

Tue 6 Jan 2009, 09:14

If it's a condition in the planning consent then your WODC planning dept can dig it out & advise....it's a public document.

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍

Mon 5 Jan 2009, 23:47

Certainly there is a swimming pool there. I don't know anything of public access, but the development is run by the Beechcroft Trust (http://www.beechcroft-trust.org/) who should be able to help - there's contact details on their site.

Alan Sinclair
👍

Mon 5 Jan 2009, 22:14

I have been told that when the new houses on Pooles Lane were built there was an indoor swimming pool included on site and that a condition of the planning permission meant that it would be open to the Charlbury residents. Does anyone know if this is true? And if so is it still open to residents?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.