C19 - Omnicron (Debate)

kim collery
👍

Wed 29 Dec 2021, 18:14

Hi Philip, you may be right! Happy New Year!

Philip Ambrose
👍

Wed 29 Dec 2021, 16:20

Kim - If Omnicron isn't in the English vocabulary, it soon will be!

kim collery
👍

Tue 28 Dec 2021, 21:59

Philip, two more corrections, omnicron does not exist as a word within the English vocabulary, and the word vocabulist is more suitable than "word searcher's" which is two words.

Philip Ambrose
👍

Tue 28 Dec 2021, 17:34

Following the corrections below, I realise that I should have said wordsearchers rather than cruciverbalists as omnicron produces moronic plus a spare n. Apologies!

Angus B
👍 1

Mon 27 Dec 2021, 23:05

There are eight letters in ‘omnicron’ and only seven in ‘moronic’ so they are not anagrams of each other. However ‘moronic’ is an anagram of ‘omicron’!

kim collery
👍

Mon 27 Dec 2021, 10:36

I don't compile angry words just correct words so, Omicron is a perfect fit for moronic meaning someone with a mental age of between eight and twelve years!

Philip Ambrose
👍

Mon 27 Dec 2021, 08:14

For the cruciverbalists among you, an anagram of omnicron is moronic !

kim collery
👍 4

Sun 26 Dec 2021, 09:57

Omnicron does not exist as a word or a virus. However Omnicide is a word and Omicron is the15th letter of the Greek alphabet.

Wendy Bailey
👍 1

Tue 21 Dec 2021, 11:40 (last edited on Tue 21 Dec 2021, 11:45)

Indeed science should be listened to on this one not politics. "An event cancelled is better than a life cancelled" just seen this sentence on the BBC news page. 

Charlie M
👍 10

Sun 19 Dec 2021, 13:48

Phil, I am not even sure that we would see any new action if they got a new leader. The Tories are unstable and in disarray, and the North Shropshire by-election result has compounded that disarray. The idiocy of some of their members in wanting no further Covid restrictions (witness the resignation of "Frosty the Snowman" as Brexit Minister yesterday) means that a leadership change will not necessarily mean that the necessary actions are taken; the Tories will never act to benefit the nation if their party will suffer as a result.

Like many, I do not look to this excuse for a government for a solution; all I have is a profound hope that Professor Christopher Whitty will feel able to speak his mind to the people independently of the views of the cabinet. I have no doubt in his integrity; but he may be subject to pressures that are unseen by us.

Phil Morgan
👍 2

Sun 19 Dec 2021, 13:20

I think we are lacking decisive leadership here and it is all down to the current "leader".

Boris has lost the trust of  his own backbenchers. So, even as his medical advisory groups tell him to take swift action, he is powerless to do so.

I doubt that there will be a leadership challenge this month but it could be very different in early 2022. As the chairman of the '1922 Committee' receives the requisite number of letters of 'no confidence' from Tory MPs, the debate will be automatically triggered.

I fear that we will not see new Omnicron action until there is a new leader.

Philip Ambrose
👍 3

Sat 18 Dec 2021, 20:54 (last edited on Sun 19 Dec 2021, 09:06)

Netherlands - All non-essential shops, bars and restaurants closed until mid-January.

Ireland - No bars open after 8pm.

France - No Brits allowed in (but that probably links to fishing rights).

Are we behind the curve again? or should we just be getting on with life?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.