Paul Taylor
👍

Thu 22 Jan 2009, 21:03

free view here is a no no till they put more power out sorry

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Thu 22 Jan 2009, 19:53

Hi Paul and Frank. Banbury Aerials came and put the new aerial up a couple of weeks ago. So hopefully, its OK - and its a digital one. I have got rid of Sky now, so can only rely on the aerial - or is there some canny way of using the satellite dish that I still have connect to the Humax and TV - or am I just being silly! I really am fed up with the lot of them. Sky Plus (not HD) was fine - few gliches to begin with - but Sky HD we have had nothing but problems with. When we bought the Humax PVR the guy in Currys said he had had no problems at all, but if you look on the forums it seems that everyone is having problems. Anyway, that's history. Just want it to be OK and work!!

Paul Taylor
👍

Thu 22 Jan 2009, 18:28

It could be wind damage to your dish call sky tell the to have some one call and check your dish dont pay any callout fee tell them as its £35-45 a month you will go else were if they charge thats what I did last time my one played up

Frank Payne
👍

Thu 22 Jan 2009, 10:57

Dear Susie,

I would suggest asking if one of the local aerial companies (Corbetts maybe) could come and measure the signal strength with a signal strength meter. It's the best way to establish that the signal is strong enough. They can also tell you if you are using the lowest loss cable between aerial and television - it makes a difference. Also, check that you have the correct type of aerial - the Oxford and Walcot transmitters each need different designs. Preferably you also want a line of sight to the transmitter, reflections can cause the picture to break up.

Because of the layout of Chralbury digital reception is always going to be a problem and it will be the case that when the digital switchover occurs houses that get a reasonable analogue signal at the moment may well find it impossible to get digital without using a satellite dish.

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Thu 22 Jan 2009, 06:38

Hi Kat, yes we have ramped the aerial too. I am at a loss for words! Its not only when its bad weather - that I could understand!

Kat Patrick
👍

Thu 22 Jan 2009, 01:09

Dear Susie,
Assuming you've ramped-up your antenna (if that's the proper word)then you are probably finding, as I often do, that channels relying on high-end frequencies get poor reception in rain. This will supposedly improve when analogue is switched-off altogether, but until then, the ITVs are a bit hit and miss at times. (Well, I've got just a cheap-o Freeview box and that's been my recent experience).

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Wed 21 Jan 2009, 00:27

Just given up on Sky HD as on our third box! Have now bought a Humax PVR but having problems with some of the recordings on Freeview. Either just doesnt record, or the picture is fragmented and unable to watch. Is this because the signal for Freeview is not strong here - on the box it says its 75% or have I got yet another duff box!

Paul Taylor
👍

Wed 31 Dec 2008, 18:53

Don hows that Tv have you seen the difference with the blu ray next step a good AV amp + speakers (Onkyo tx-sr606 amp Q Acoustic Q-AV speakers) its mental. go to futurehome.co.uk

Don Kelly
👍

Mon 29 Dec 2008, 18:32

Thanks Paul, but managed to get it working.

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 29 Dec 2008, 15:36

Call me can help you out if needed 07876128395 I live in Charlbury

Don Kelly
👍

Mon 29 Dec 2008, 15:34

Managed to get the Blu ray connected but the Sky Digital is another story. This is normal Sky not HD.

Paul Taylor
👍

Mon 29 Dec 2008, 15:32

Sky Normal or HD ? Blu rays simple HDMI cable buy the best you can afford you will see the difference same for sky HD, normal sky go for a good scart lead (Qed cables are some of the best buy on line or Richers sounds Oxford Park End street 01865 243444) use Lovefilms.com for film rentals your sorted enjoy

Don Kelly
👍

Mon 29 Dec 2008, 14:54

Hi, Does anyone know how to connect the above up to a new television or could give me the number of someone who can.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.