Burst Waste Pipe

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 09:15

Thank you, Tim! 

But one.network now shows the road closed until midnight on December 7th. Updated a few minutes ago! Incompetence all round.

I hope Stagecoach has been told the road is now open. Otherwise they will still be turning round in Nine Acres.

Tim at Cotswold Frames
👍

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 09:09

All done and dusted now road back open

Liz Leffman
👍 5

Fri 3 Dec 2021, 09:05 (last edited on Fri 3 Dec 2021, 09:05)

If they had dealt with this when it first happened they would not have had to close the road.  They have wasted enough water to fill a small reservoir and had to spend extra money to repair it.  Absolutely infuriating.

Julia Webb
👍

Thu 2 Dec 2021, 22:46

The S3 bus driver this afternoon said the road was closed and buses were turning round at Nine Acres. Stagecoach were not informed of this until an earlier bus was stopped from using the road. He was told it would last 3 days. 

John Munro
👍 1

Thu 2 Dec 2021, 21:31

Has anyone taken a dip in the new Charlbury Lido? 

Simon J Harley
👍

Mon 29 Nov 2021, 18:52

I would imagine  that they will be digging a substantial hole in the middle of the road. I would not have thought that buses will be able to use the route and may even cause issues for cars?  I’m surprised they haven’t put in for a road closure. 

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Mon 29 Nov 2021, 14:04 (last edited on Mon 29 Nov 2021, 14:18)

Thanks, Hans. That's what I thought.

Very odd to see John Brain's butchers listed still as a place on Thames Water's maps. Shows how out of date they are!

But the good news is that Thames Water is now showing up on one.network, between 1st - 3rd December! Says delays unlikely and some carriageway incursion.

Hans Eriksson
👍

Mon 29 Nov 2021, 12:38

I'd say it's more like here https://w3w.co/slug.reinvest.outfitter

But that is what I saw on Friday - who knows it could have moved.

Brian Murray
👍 1

Mon 29 Nov 2021, 11:46

That seems close enough Christine and the notes beside the map do refer to the Bell Hotel.

Christine Battersby
👍 1

Mon 29 Nov 2021, 10:47

The map of the water leak does not seem to be very accurate -- I could be wrong as I am avoiding the centre of town until the leak is fixed. Anyone else with fragile bones is advised to do the same. We are, after all, supposed to avoid putting pressure on the NHS! 

Could somebody living nearby please correct the map which is here: https://www.thameswater.co.uk/leak/

The repair is still not showing up on one.network for any day in the next three months!

Chris Tatton
👍 2

Mon 29 Nov 2021, 10:23

If Thames Water leave the repair much longer, Church street will have its own geyser as a tourist attraction. Tom and Nikki at the Rose will be able to add 50p a pint to all those incoming tourists. 😁🍻

Danuta Gray
👍 1

Sun 28 Nov 2021, 17:56

Hi - I called Thames this morning and explained how there was now a hole forming in the centre of the road, issue with it icing over, damage to cars etc.  They promised an emergency call out today - possibly the team who took the cones away?   Hopefully, they will actually come on the 1st.  Shame they couldn't come earlier as it would perhaps have limited the damage - it was reported at least 2 weeks ago by us along with others. 

Liz Reason
👍 2

Sun 28 Nov 2021, 17:00

Well, I'm amazed that they're willing to leave that overnight with freezing temperatures.  Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

Simon Walker
👍 1

Sun 28 Nov 2021, 14:04 (last edited on Sun 28 Nov 2021, 16:16)

Thames Water took away the offending cones at 12.45 today.  They did, however, leave the water bubbling merrily from the hole in the road.

Leah Fowler
👍 1

Sat 27 Nov 2021, 12:15 (last edited on Sat 27 Nov 2021, 13:45)

You will need to buy an amphibious vehicle 

Simon J Harley
👍 1

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 19:34

Gary, did they say that they were coming to remove their cones to free up the street for parking or have people got to struggle on for another 5 days?

Gary Harrison
👍 4

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 16:28

Thames Water phoned me this morning and informed me that they now have the work booked for 1st Dec.  I informed them that the situation is worsening and they said they would send a crew out today to see if they could justify an emergency call-out.  I will keep you updated if  I hear any more.

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 08:58

I will pass that back to her

Paul D Jenkins
👍 5

Fri 26 Nov 2021, 08:12

I understand the frustration but just to balance the performance of Thames Water, we had a major issue at our property where no water was being supplied on an evening last month. Thames Water came out within 2 hours and immediately gave us a supply of drinking water. They then painlessly investigated the matter which was traced to the development in Sheep street turning off a stop cock over 1000m way from our premises. They were diligent, polite and responsive. Just added for context!

Gareth Epps
👍 2

Thu 25 Nov 2021, 22:18

Perhaps the CEO of Thames Water could explain which month might see a repair on the 23rd-25th?

(Though on past experience, I doubt it)

vicky burton
👍 1

Thu 25 Nov 2021, 21:21

Liz can you also mention the water leak on London Lane in Ascott Under Wychwood please? It was reported weeks ago but not even a cone yet! If there's a severe frost and it ices over it will be lethal. 

Liz Leffman
👍 15

Thu 25 Nov 2021, 19:41 (last edited on Thu 25 Nov 2021, 19:47)

I'm meeting the chief executive of Thames Water tomorrow and I will be pointing out that  they probably wouldn't need to build a massive reservoir near Abingdon if they got on top of the leaks in their existing infrastructure.  I will be citing Church St as an example of the problem and while I don't suppose she will be on the phone straight away getting this sorted, at least I get the satisfaction of being able to take this to the very top on behalf of the town. 

Simon J Harley
👍 4

Thu 25 Nov 2021, 18:45

It’s a complete shambles. Thames Water put the cones out on Monday afternoon.  Like Matt had said, you would assume that this meant that the work was imminent.  All it’s done is cause frustration for people who park in Church Street. 
It has been interesting though to see the increased vehicle speed down Church Street without the cars being parked there.  I witnessed a number of vehicles who I would guess were doing at least 40mph and one small van going even quicker. 

John Munro
👍

Thu 25 Nov 2021, 17:25 (last edited on Thu 25 Nov 2021, 23:14)

The One.Network website has it down for repair by Thames Water on 23rd-25th Nov - Guess that didn't happen!  Website also has Thames Water due to do emergency repairs in Fishers Lane between 25th-29th Nov

Matt Bullock
👍

Thu 25 Nov 2021, 15:40

I assumed all the cones meant work was imminent?

Peter Bennett
👍

Thu 25 Nov 2021, 15:31

I reported it half an hour ago.

andrew shaw
👍 1

Thu 25 Nov 2021, 14:45 (last edited on Thu 25 Nov 2021, 14:49)

I don't suppose anyone has any idea when Thames Water are going to fix the leaking water main in Church Street?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2023. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.