Wilderness 2021 Sunday Day Tickets

Paul D Jenkins
👍 18

Mon 9 Aug 2021, 09:26 (last edited on Mon 9 Aug 2021, 09:27)

I used the offer and had an amazing day, especially listing to Blowers commentate on the cricket. I saw 10 different bands, a choir and was really impressed with the letter reading, some that were very amusing and others very sad. I would like to thank the organisers for making this available  When you add up the total offer it was amazing value!! Just my opinion but without the offer I would have not been able to go.

Rachel Ramsay
👍 10

Sun 8 Aug 2021, 13:03

£60 + booking fee seems incredibly steep for such a last-minute offer and for a single day - I’m sure local resident day tickets were more like £30 when I went to Wilderness in about 2012. Doesn’t exactly offer much compensation for four days of horrendous noise and the other inconvenience of having it on our doorsteps. 

Hannen Beith
👍 2

Sun 8 Aug 2021, 12:51 (last edited on Sun 8 Aug 2021, 12:52)

Phil/Alan agree.

The noise doesn't bother me, but the traffic is a tad annoying.

Cars have been passing my cottage all day, since the early hours.  It's environmentally crass.  It happens every year - people start going home on Sunday, presumably to go to work on Monday.

So the "offer" is, I suspect, to beef up the numbers for a day when they know they'll be getting "light".

Years ago we were given free festival tickets because of the inconvenience, but those days are a distant memory.

Now all we have to look forward are the HGV conveys for the next 2/3 weeks.  Those returning from whence they came.  That's on top of the 2/3 weeks when they brought stuff to the festival - so 4/6 weeks in all (on top of the cars, coaches, campervans etc.)

So no, I won't be taking up MAMA's "kind" offer.

Michael Grant
👍 1

Sun 8 Aug 2021, 12:50

Actually i was wondering why anyone would have to pay the booking fee? Please correct me if I'm wrong,  but isnt the booking fee something people are paying on the Ticketmaster website for using there website.  If people are buying it directly from the event,  who is the booking fee money going to,  or is it ticketmaster who are "supplying " the ticket on the door?  

Alan Wilson
👍 1

Sun 8 Aug 2021, 12:45

To answer Michael's question, surely the reason for adding a booking fee rather than simply including it in the ticket price is that this way you might be able to tempt some people into turning up expecting the fee to be a relatively modest addition.  Once they are already on the doorstep they might begrudge the unknown (but based on past experience presumably extortionate) booking fee, but may well end up paying it anyway.

Phil Morgan
👍 3

Sun 8 Aug 2021, 12:18

Alan has got it exactly right! The offer is described as "a way of saying thank you". The cynicism of this "offer" is breath-taking! It's plainly about the money. 

John Kearsey
👍 5

Sun 8 Aug 2021, 12:07

Seems strange that the people complaining about the noise are now complaining about a booking fee they presumably have no intention of paying!

Alan Colgan
👍 5

Sun 8 Aug 2021, 00:30

This offer arrived at almost 9.00 p.m. this evening.  While the majority of other regular festivals have opted for safety over profit this year and postponed their events, not only does the Wilderness Festival decide to risk it, (with a hugely inflated booking fee just in case things didn’t go their way), they’ve decided to try and cram some more people in at the last minute and make a bit more money.  They obviously did their sums today and it didn’t look good.  The reason they are making this offer to locals is because those living nearby are more likely to be able to attend at short notice.

Which ever way you want to look at this, I’m not buying.

Helen Wilkinson
👍 1

Sat 7 Aug 2021, 22:08

Doesn’t sound like a particularly good deal to me - half the price of a weekend ticket, but just for one day.  Last attempt to make a bit more money?

Michael Grant
👍 1

Sat 7 Aug 2021, 21:49

AAlso when does it finish tomorrow night,  is it 12am, 2am or 4 am?  

Michael Grant
👍 2

Sat 7 Aug 2021, 21:03

Wait people need to pay a booking fee when buying directly from you, surely should just add that to the price to begin with?  

Emma Kirkby
👍 2

Sat 7 Aug 2021, 20:51

Good evening everyone,

For anyone who was unable to join us for the weekend, and as a way of saying thank you for your continued support, we are offering a limited number of Sunday day tickets to residents within the postcodes:

OX7 3** | OX29 9** | OXY 6**

Maximum…

Long post - click to read full text

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.