Road surface between Wellington Cottages and Cornbury turn

Philip Ambrose
👍 3

Thu 6 May, 21:02

The road surface there was atrocious before the OVO Tour of Britain cycle race came through a few years ago. OCC managed a bit of top dressing but that's all. Thanks to Cllr Hudspeth and his cronies Oxfordshire's roads are some of the worst in the country.  

Motorists pay a fortune in taxes which get squandered on anything but decent highway maintenance. Potholes everywhere that damage vehicles, but are even more of a threat to cyclists. I dread coming across one legitimately swerving to avoid potholes.

Liz Leffman
👍 4

Wed 5 May, 17:21 (last edited on Wed 5 May, 17:23)

That's where a county councillor can be helpful! I have spoken to one of the officers and he is going to see what can be done. But I don't expect it to be done immediately.

Simon Walker
👍 3

Wed 5 May, 14:32

When I raised this through FixMyStreet back in early January, the response that I got was: “I have visited the site and assessed the problem that you have identified. Unfortunately it does not meet our current intervention criteria so I cannot arrange a repair. We will continue to monitor this during our routine inspections.”  Not only is the surface deteriorating, but the loose gravel is a skid risk and gets washed into the kerb gullies, helping to block them up ..... again.

Liz Leffman
👍 1

Tue 4 May, 12:44

I  agree and I have asked for it to be added to the list of roads to be resurfaced.

Harold Laff
👍

Tue 4 May, 11:56

The road surface just down from Wellington cottages seems to be getting worse by the day.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2021. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.