Over 64 can now get a vaccine

Hans Eriksson
👍

Wed 24 Feb, 18:56

Up again, to 327,000 vaccinated today. Supply or demand? Nevertheless a success. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51768274

Liz Puttick
👍

Wed 24 Feb, 14:11

The official line is that it's supply rather than take-up which is dipping, tho' you do wonder...

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2021/feb/23/number-of-uk-covid-vaccinations-falls-by-a-third-as-vaccine-supply-dips

John Munro
👍

Wed 24 Feb, 10:09

Yes, thanks Helen - booked mine for tomorrow. Can only assume that the overall take-up levels are dipping - which might explain why the UK vaccination numbers for past few days seemed so much lower than previous few days...or alternatively that there are a significant number of over 65s that are simply waiting for opportunity to be jabbed locally.

Hans Eriksson
👍 1

Wed 24 Feb, 10:05

We are 60 and 61, booked vaccination at Kassam for this Friday. Thanks Helen Wilkinson.

Helen Wilkinson
👍 1

Wed 24 Feb, 06:36

It is possible that you can get a vaccine at a younger age than 64 now

The website booking worked for 2 62 year olds of my acquaintance and was rumoured to work for over 60 but I have no personal knowledge of that.

You need your NHS number and date of birth to complete the online form and will be offered a choice of days, and then a choice of available time slots on your chosen day. If the time offered does not suit, then you can go back and select a different day and repeat the process.

Liz Puttick
👍 2

Tue 23 Feb, 17:33

Kassam is much easier than it sounds, a fast journey, easy parking, v efficient yet friendly service, and I was out in about 10 mins despite 4/5 checks. But I was also called today by CMC and offered the Thursday clinic, so it's probably worth hanging on a day or 2 for anyone who really doesn't want to go to Oxford. 

Steve Jones
👍

Tue 23 Feb, 15:14

I know of one person in the priority five group in Charlbury who tells me he doesn't want to drive all the way to Kassam Stadium for a vaccination so he's waiting for his medical practice to phone him rather than book a visit which I consider to be unwise unless there are problems with travelling. I wonder how many others there are like that?

It is not in anybody's interests (unless they are an undertaker) to delay the vaccination programme.

Helen Wilkinson
👍

Tue 23 Feb, 10:10

The only reason I knew the age limit had dropped was because of checking - I did not see it publicised anywhere - perhaps awareness needs to be raised.  I can't wait to have my turn...

Hans Eriksson
👍

Tue 23 Feb, 09:50

I hear on the grapevine the reason the number of vaccinations are dropping is that there is a lack of demand. 

Geneviève Hug
👍

Tue 23 Feb, 09:10

Thank you very much for this posting!

Helen Wilkinson
👍 2

Tue 23 Feb, 08:10

Over 64 can now book a vaccine

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

It appears that the age limit will gradually be lowered as they get through the population - worth keeping an eye on

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2020. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.