Neighbourhood plan

Peter Kenrick
👍

Fri 18 Sep 2020, 11:29 (last edited on Fri 18 Sep 2020, 12:41)

For clarification Philip.

Firstly, the email was referring to comments submitted as part of the pre-submission consultation last autumn.  These are listed by name at https://charlburynp.org.uk/documents-consultation-responses/ where they appear in alphabetical order of surname along with replies from the Neighbourhood Plan team.

Secondly, the document you refer to is part of the information researched and collected by local volunteers and summarised in the Charlbury Parish Character Assessment (see https://charlburynp.org.uk/supporting-documents/ and select "Charlbury Parish - Character Assessment" ).  This forms part of the evidence base for the Neighbourhood Plan but is not part of the plan itself.  The areas covered by each character assessment appendix were assigned on an arbitrary basis to assist the preparation of the Character Assessment document.

Philip Ambrose
👍 1

Thu 17 Sep 2020, 20:46 (last edited on Thu 17 Sep 2020, 20:46)

Just received an email re neighbourhood plan. It tells me that my comments can be seen along with others, but I'm struggling with the indexation. As an example, Hixet Wood is listed under Charlbury West. wym-1600371897250 Now geography was not my strongest subject at school, but when I look at a map Hixet Wood is SE of the town centre! Not sure where comments about Spelsbury Road can be found?

Peter Kenrick
👍 1

Thu 20 Aug 2020, 14:06

As a personal response to Sue's question, I honestly don't think anyone can be sure what the effects of planning system reforms will be. The devil, as always, will be in the detail, much of which will not emerge until much later. That said, I believe it is still very…

Long post - click to read full text

Rod Evans
👍 1

Fri 14 Aug 2020, 16:03 (last edited on Fri 14 Aug 2020, 16:05)

I am but one member of the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group so this is a personal reply to Sue's question, NOT an official response from them or the Town Council.

If you're interested (and/or suffer from insomnia) the White Paper is here: file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/MHCLG-Planning-Consultation.pdf  It's open to 'full public consultation' - though I've always thought of WPs as more 'statements of intent'.  It's also 84 pages long if with some pretty pictures - dontcha just love the vision of the future on p37?? Or am I just getting old? (Don't answer that!)

I haven't read or absorbed it all yet but here's what it says at p42: "Proposal 9: Neighbourhood Plans should be retained as an important means of community input, and we will support communities to make better use of digital tools". 

Whatever they decide on I assume will need primary legislation so it will take some time to put a new system in place - no comment, given their stated objectives.  So Sue, I'd say the sooner we get the NP officially 'made' the better.

Sue Way
👍 1

Fri 14 Aug 2020, 11:58

Will a Neighbourhood Plan have any effect if the Govt’s White Paper on reforming the UK planning system goes through?

Peter Kenrick
👍

Fri 14 Aug 2020, 01:12

After a delay enforced by the lockdown, the revised draft Neighbourhood Plan has now been formally submitted to WODC for examination.  See News item https://www.charlbury.info/news/3183

Sam Small
👍

Sat 8 Aug 2020, 22:50

Is there an update available for the neighbourhood plan. Whats happening to it currently?

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.