Wychwood Press books

John Partington
👍 1

Sat 18 Jul 2020, 12:03 (last edited on Sun 19 Jul 2020, 11:36)

More stock has come my way, and so there are now a few extra titles available, including (just two copies of) the History of Spelsbury

Great news is that Tim at Cotswold Frames is now selling a few of the titles of which we have good quantities .. including Lois Hey's History of Charlbury and a couple of excellent books of local walks.  We should have enough stock for him to sell them for a year or two.

See the original posting in this thread for details of how to find what's available and how to order. 

[Edited to add that both copies of the History of Spelsbury have now sold .. sorry! Copies of the original edition are still available from.other sellers on Abe.]

John Partington
👍 1

Tue 14 Jul 2020, 21:06

Sorry about the dollars:  it keeps defaulting to ".com", but (I think) I've now sorted it to stay on ".co.uk".

An excellent response today, and a good sum already raised for charity.  Thanks, good neighbours!

Gary Walker.
👍 1

Tue 14 Jul 2020, 18:42

Gareth - scroll to the bottom of the page and there is a link to a UK version of the website - www.abebooks.co.uk. I made my purchase there.

Gareth Epps
👍

Tue 14 Jul 2020, 17:51 (last edited on Tue 14 Jul 2020, 18:13)

Why does it try and charge me in dollars?

(I’ve got round it now by going into the site separately and have emailed John.)

Gary Walker.
👍

Tue 14 Jul 2020, 17:41

Two books ordered today to add to my collection!!

John Partington
👍 1

Tue 14 Jul 2020, 15:22 (last edited on Tue 14 Jul 2020, 21:03)

We're very pleased to announce that local-interest books from the remaindered stock of Wychwood Press titles are now available for purchase again, including Lois Hey's History of Charlbury. All brand-new stock, at 90% or less of the original selling price, with profit shared between CRAG and the Corner House

Order online through April House Books, or Charlbury residents can browse the list and order direct from me to avoid the postage costs.  (Please note -- these are not part of the 50p "Charlbury lockdown" promotion:  the price you see is the price you pay.)

You may need to hurry for the scarcer items -- there are only one or two copies left of some of the titles!

07555 608780;  john@pjohnp.me.uk

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.