Is Charlbury & area big enough for a local Freecycle?

mandy
👍

Thu 22 May 2008, 20:50

i think its a great idea i think it would take off as everyone has something to get rid off. i would go for it.

Malcolm Blackmore
👍

Thu 22 May 2008, 13:51

I don't know if Charlbury and the surrounding satellite villages/hamlets who "orientate" towards us (err, the Co-op rather than "us" I suspect) would be large enough to support our own small localised freecycle.

The others do get very busy, oxford overwhelmingly so, and I've also found it hard to get people to come out here to the "darkling hills" to collect stuff I've offered (seems a long way to the urban mentality).

It could be something we could simply try out, its simple to set up, and if it doesn't generate any useful traffic then pack it in...? Worth doing? Possibly linked to CAWAG for help, support and especially publicity if they are interested? Or should we just stick to Witney and Chippy already running? As freecycles get bigger it gets disheartening as one never "gets" anything if not replying within literally a second or two, and very localised ones increase ones chance of "success" and also reduce the environmental cost of cars running around all over the place.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.