Council elections

Susie Finch
(site admin)
👍

Fri 16 May 2008, 11:49

Thanks Dave for this comment. I will do my upmost, along with the rest of the council, to continue to support events such as the Riverside and Street Fair, but also Shed, CADS etc. I agree with have a wonderful community here and are very fortunate. Why do you think we have lived here for 25 years!! Thank you for re-electing me.

Valou Pakenham-Walsh
👍

Thu 15 May 2008, 08:14

Thank you, Dave, for showing such optimism in the new Town Council. I am certainly very excited about holding this new position, and look forward to working with my fellow councillors to ensure that Charlbury remains a vibrant and special community.

Dave Oates
👍

Wed 14 May 2008, 17:11

I know this is a week late but I wanted to say how good it is to see some new faces such as Valou on the Town Council - I am sure that they will be a strong addition to the group and it is time we had some fresh ideas. I would also like to add that I am also delighted that people like Nick Potter, Ian Cox and Susie Finch were re-elected. Nick has been chairman for a long time and certainly has the full support of everyone I talk to in Charlbury. We are lucky to live in a vibrant community which caters for all ages, tastes and persuasions and I hope the new council continues to support local trade; community events such as the Riverside festival and the Beer Festival and local arts such as Shed Theatre, Jazz and CADS. It is these things which have kept me (and many others) in Charlbury for manay years, despite working 70 miles away. Good luck for the coming 4 years - I look forward to some healthy debate!!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.