Please post using your real name, not a pseudonym. (Admin discussions)

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 6 Aug 2019, 19:56

Thank you Alex.

As far as I can see all users abide by Rule 6.  There's a possibility that "Charlotte Wilderness" doesn't, but I don't know and would be slow to judge.

As Sharon said: "what is the problem"?

I'm intrigued as to why you regard it as such.

Perhaps this is a dialogue we should continue in private, so please feel free to message me via this site.

Hannen. 

Alex Flynn
👍 1

Tue 6 Aug 2019, 08:47 (last edited on Tue 6 Aug 2019, 08:48)

Hannen this is a community forum and the rules were probably not drafted by a highly paid lawyer but indeed I take your point

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 6 Aug 2019, 08:25

Also, is not "Charlotte Wilderness" a pseudonym?  Unless her last name just happens to be the same as the Festival.

Hannen Beith
👍

Tue 6 Aug 2019, 08:21

Sharon has a point.

If we want contributors to use both first and last names Rule 6 should state that.

Personally I'm not that bothered, and with a first name like mine I could easily be identified! :-) 

Alex Flynn
👍 2

Mon 5 Aug 2019, 17:04 (last edited on Tue 6 Aug 2019, 08:42)

It is not a complaint Sharon - I made the same assumption and people called me out  on it so I did the right thing! I have been using the forum/website since Ray Marshall was the original webmaster (ask him about the caption he accidentally wrote below a photo of a race winner if you ever meet him!). It is both  common courtesy and forum rules (which I did not make). I am not trying to be offensive or create an argument so please try  not to  get defensive. It is just an observation.

Alex Flynn
👍

Mon 5 Aug 2019, 17:00

It is down to users - we can all make that change by PMing you Richard. Just as I did yonks ago!  

sharon
👍

Mon 5 Aug 2019, 16:59

When I signed up I gave all the information so what's the problem been on here for a few Yeats now and only you complaining 

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 5

Mon 5 Aug 2019, 16:57

There will be a move to full first name & last name in due course but I haven’t had a chance to finish the necessary website code yet.

Alex Flynn
👍 2

Mon 5 Aug 2019, 16:53 (last edited on Mon 5 Aug 2019, 16:56)

Surnames should be given too. That way we are all fully accountable for what we say here.

sharon
👍 1

Mon 5 Aug 2019, 16:44

My real name is Sharon and I expect Amanda is her  real name and as for Charlie m I expect the same what is the problem as no nick names used 

Alex Flynn
👍 1

Mon 5 Aug 2019, 16:37 (last edited on Mon 5 Aug 2019, 16:38)

Rule 6 of this forum states "Please post using your real name, not a pseudonym." so why isn't this being followed by most but not all?

Who are "Charlie M" or "Amanda", to name but a few? Whilst I have my suspicions, come one guys, let's have it all out in the open! 

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.