Charlbury Library

Amanda Epps
👍 1

Sun 9 Jun 2019, 22:37

This is wonderful news and makes the almost 20 year fight to establish the Library in suitable premises worthwhile.  When the Friends of Charlbury Library was established way back in 1997 with new accommodation as one of its objectives, little did we think that the result would be so good.  It is thanks to the efforts of the Committee and all the supporters in raising funds and lobbying for change that this has happened.  The decision to relocate to the new Community Centre was the right one.

The greatest delight for me, has been to see children choosing books with their parents every time I have been there out of staffed hours.  The proximity to the play area has helped, I am sure.

Jim Holah
👍

Wed 5 Jun 2019, 09:10

Indeed, and for a sense of the added value the new space brings, see the events section for the rhymetime session this afternoon.  Sadly never an option at the Corner House when my kids were young enough to benefit.  No better way to bring new readers to the world of books.

stephen cavell
👍 1

Wed 5 Jun 2019, 07:48

What a great report under the News section of this website. Makes it all worthwhile.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.