Was this dog yours?

Richard Fairhurst
(site admin)
👍 2

Tue 4 Jun 2019, 21:31

This thread took an unexpected and not very savoury turn. I think there are probably sites elsewhere on the internet that are better qualified to give advice about self-defence in the face of aggressive dogs than this site is, so I’ve deleted the detour and am locking the thread.

On the original topic, I’m sure most people concur with Stephen’s thoughts and there’s not much more to be said. I hope your grandson’s ok.

stephen cavell
👍 1

Mon 3 Jun 2019, 10:53

My grandson Ben was walking along the Mill Field from the weir end of Watery Lane at 5.30 Sunday evening when a Collie type dog ran at him from some 50 metres, stopped at his feet and barked very aggressively in his face, the owner eventually managed to recall the dog and held him by the collar; Ben walked on past the lady owner who did not even look up or say anything; 20 metres further on the dog was apparently released and did exactly the same thing from behind. Luckily Ben (who is 6ft+) knew how to react and simply stood his ground BUT he is concerned that a young child or less confident person would have found the encounter very intimidating. Please if you have a dog that behaves in such a way place it on a leash.

This thread has been locked. You cannot add any further replies.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.