Educational research into character education

Rachael Gibbon
👍

Wed 10 Apr 2019, 23:22

Thanks for your suggestion, Vicky. Much appreciated. Will follow up.

vicky burton
👍 1

Wed 10 Apr 2019, 14:15 (last edited on Wed 10 Apr 2019, 14:16)

hi Rachel, 

ive sent you a message

Rachael Gibbon
👍

Tue 9 Apr 2019, 19:58

Do you teach/work within a school that values educational research or have children of school-age that attend one? 

I’m undertaking a Masters in Educational Research with Lancaster University. I live locally, in Charlbury. For my dissertation I want to carry out qualitative research of an exploratory nature into the implementation and outcomes of character education programmes such as growth mindset and resilience training. I’m looking for a case study school implementing such a programme with junior or lower secondary age children (between 10 and 14 years old). I’d like to conduct short interviews with teachers and some students (with parental permission) and look at the programmes being considered/implemented. 

I’ll be able to provide full ethical approval documentation from my university. This is a hot topic in educational policy and one I feel merits academic analysis. Please do let me know if you have any suggestions/recommendations/contacts you can help with. 

Many thanks, 

Rachael.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2023. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.