Charlbury medical centre

Hannen Beith
👍 1

Fri 5 Apr 2019, 10:01

Alex,

I agree - increased automation is solely about increasing the profit margin, in other words making more and more people unemployed.  Having said that I must admit that the Evergreen "process" works faultlessly, in my experience.

Do try and keep calm or else you might end up in the Charlbury Practice with hypertension, or worse!

Alex Flynn
👍 1

Fri 5 Apr 2019, 08:16 (last edited on Fri 5 Apr 2019, 08:21)

Well it looks like somebody at the medical centre stuffed up and put on the wrong answerphone message on the dispensary number as it seems to be the right one this morning. They need to take more care in the future... 

It wouldn’t surprise me if this excuse of a government was in some way behind it....paranoid I know! But as we have seen recently the government are capable of anything whilst playing the moral high ground.

Alex Flynn
👍 1

Fri 5 Apr 2019, 03:58 (last edited on Fri 5 Apr 2019, 08:05)

What a ridiculous system but thanks Hannen! I wonder which bozo had this brainwave! There seems to be more and more automation (machines doing the jobs of humans) and achieving nothing in the long run! 

If the NHS wants to save money maybe they should look at reducing some of the wastage that goes on in hospitals! And some of the unnecessary layers of management vs nurses! Bring back Matron!

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 4 Apr 2019, 18:52

Agree completely Mandy.  

Mandy cooper
👍 1

Thu 4 Apr 2019, 18:43

No good for the older people who don’t have computers or can’t use one.

Hannen Beith
👍

Thu 4 Apr 2019, 18:35

Alex,

If you go to Reception and ask nicely they will give you a form to fill in which will enable you to (foc) go on to an internet service (I  chose "Evergreen").  Evergreen have a PC (and perhaps MAC) portal and a 'phone app, which enable you to book appointments and repeat prescriptions (depending on the medications).  So then you simply allow 48 hours, request the repeat prescription, and pick it up from the Co-op Pharmacy.  Use your membership card to garner points.  Simples!  

Hannen.

Alex Flynn
👍

Thu 4 Apr 2019, 18:26

Does anyone know if there is some new procedure to order repeat prescriptions at The Charlbury Medical Centre? Only I’ve just phoned the number on their website I.e.01608 819329 to be greeted with the same “if you have a medical emergency...” message and no way to leave.a message with the dispensary! I am glad I am not an elderly person trying to work out their new system - more cuts I imagine!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.