Screenprinting facilities

Victoria Chan
👍 1

Tue 2 Apr 2019, 13:30

I've recently started doing some silk screen printing, but ran into difficulties doing it at home due to not having the proper equipment and facilities. 

Chiefly I needed a washout area as it can get messy and even unsafe to wash out photo emulsions and other perhaps hazardous chemicals in our family bathtub which is also used to bathe our young children.

We don't have an outside tap or pressure washer either, and you're not meant to contaminate the soil anyway.

Does if anyone knows of anywhere I could go to do washout and photo exposure nearby? I'm wondering if anyone has a washout area at home or even a proper exposure unit (I'm just using lamps) that I could use very occasionally in return for something? Or if you know of any nearby facilities (eg. art schools)? 

I know about Oxford Printmakers, but it is too far to travel to and I would have to go during the limited opening hours, being a newbie. It is just too difficult for me to juggle with having a day job and 2 young children.

Thought I might just ask here as Charlbury seems like the kind of arty place with printmakers about! Thanks!

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2024. Contributions are the opinion of and property of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.