Sorry and be a lert

Simon Himmens-Warrick
👍 1

Tue 19 Feb 2019, 12:53

I very nearly clicked that link just now Phil. Thanks for posting. I decided it was a spam thing literally microseconds before I was about to open it. Very convincing.

John Partington
👍

Tue 19 Feb 2019, 08:22

Yes, this one seems to be doing the rounds on the Charlbury volleyball e-mail group. I've had three, allegedly from other members, in the last couple of days.

stephen cavell
👍

Tue 19 Feb 2019, 07:34

I too have received a scam email referring to a specific task I took on for the working party 6 mths or so ago - removing graffiti from the bus shelter at the Enstone X roads. The scammers had really done their research!! Luckily I checked with Phil first.

Andrew Webster
👍

Mon 18 Feb 2019, 20:51 (last edited on Mon 18 Feb 2019, 21:14)

I have received an email from your account, that my online security blocked and prevented me from opening. When I checked the security log it indicated the email contained a 'Trojan' virus. Others beware. The email was for the Working Party.

Eleanor Draycott
👍

Mon 18 Feb 2019, 16:27

Hi Phil,

This is a really easy one to fall for. The ‘phishers’ seem to be collecting passwords and then utilising them to gain even more. This is probably an obvious point but please do make sure you change your passwords on anything that shares this combination of email addres and password. 

My work has written a recent blog about this (a link that’s safe to click, I promise!): http://blogs.reading.ac.uk/itsnews/2019/02/08/phishing-email-alert-display-complete-message/

Eleanor 

Phil Morgan
👍

Mon 18 Feb 2019, 16:20

I have put a note on the News thread.

I thought I was wise to scammers but they can be very tricky.....

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2023. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.