SCRABBLE DRIVE

Tanya Stevenson
👍 1

Sat 16 Feb 2019, 16:59

We had a nice first session yesterday, with three games going on simultaneously. A lot of people said they would like to come but could not make that one, so we have organised another, this time for Tuesday 26th March 2.30-5pm. This gives a bit more notice than last time.

In April we will try to do one on an evening.

Liz Leffman
👍

Mon 11 Feb 2019, 19:06

Would love to come but can't do the 15th sadly.  Next time maybe and I can bring a set with me.

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Mon 11 Feb 2019, 08:40

We will be setting some time limits per go and hope to get two or three games in. Slight overrunning is possible!

Shelagh Scott
👍

Sun 10 Feb 2019, 18:54

How many games are you planning to have in two and a half hours? When we play it takes about 4 hours for one game!

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Sun 10 Feb 2019, 18:11

I've now re-arranged this for this coming Friday,15th February from 2.30-5pm at the Community Centre. I hope this suits enough people and maybe we can do an evening or a weekend next time. We'll need a couple more Scrabble boards and if anyone has a proper Scrabble dictionary please bring it - otherwise we'll be using my large Oxford English Dictionary.

Tanya Stevenson
👍

Fri 8 Feb 2019, 18:16

I'm afraid the afternoon of 26th Feb has now been booked for a party, so we'll have to think of another date anyway! Sorry about that - I'll be in touch when we've worked it out.

Helen Chapman
👍

Thu 7 Feb 2019, 18:47

I’d also be keen for a game but not at that time of day sadly.

Jenny Howe
👍

Thu 7 Feb 2019, 14:43

Hi Nicola. If you can bring a board that would be great. Miranda, depending on demand we might consider an evening or weekend session, but there is less availability at those times so we are trying the Tuesday to start with. Laura, the idea behind the scrabble drive is that we play with different people for each game - the winner of each game moves to a new table.

Laura Macy
👍

Thu 7 Feb 2019, 12:14

I love Scrabble and would like to come. How does a Scrabble Drive work?

Miranda Higham
👍

Thu 7 Feb 2019, 00:05

I love playing Scrabble, but can't attend during the daytime. Are there any plans for an evening Scrabble get together?

Nicola Morgan
👍

Wed 6 Feb 2019, 19:55

What a good idea, Jenny.  I will endeavour (13points) to be there.  Do we bring our own games?

Jenny Howe
👍

Wed 6 Feb 2019, 19:42

Is anyone interested in coming along to a Scrabble Drive?  We are planning on holding this in the Thomas Gifford Room at the Community Centre on Tuesday, 26th February.(2.30 - 5.00 pm).  Cost £2 p/p.  During the coffee break, you will be able to enjoy a drink and something to eat at the cafe.  If there is sufficient interest, we will organise one of these every month or so.

You must log in before you can post a reply.

Charlbury Website © 2012-2023. Contributions are the opinion of their authors. Heading photo by David R Murphy. Code/design by Richard Fairhurst. Contact us. Follow us on Twitter. Like us on Facebook.